Sign in to follow this  
Bravo33

Command menu "TEAM"

I have "SHOOT" a voice command program installed.

ArmA does not have COMMAND MENU 1 item 9 "TEAM" as it did in OFP.

Can anyone tell me if there is a way to include team selection in menu 1 so I can get the select team activated in SHOOT.

I got no clue what the Shoot voice command program is but I do know where you can find your teams.

Hold Space (default) You sould get another menu where you can select all your units,teams,vehicles manned by your units.

controle is with mouse well as far as I know.

Press Shift + the F key for a unit and it will select his whole team.

Yeah, Bravo, this has been moaned about already.  

I use Shoot as well (http://clans.gameclubcentral.com/shoot/) and I've resorted to looking at the team list and finding the color group leader, then holding down the shift key and then using my voice command to call the leader of the color team (i.e. hold shift, stay "number 3" to call up his menu as he is the leader of the red team, and then say the order for his team like "weapons free" for engage at will and that will give the entire red team the engage at will status).

If you can find another way around this, please let me know!

p.s.  I put the steps above as the last thread got quite a few of "what is shoot" kind of questions, hope the "walkthrough" above will be self explanatory...  Check the shoot website if you have questions.  They have a functional OFP profile, but I made my own...

Osteo,

Cheers fella, good call, did'nt even think of holding down Shift.

I'll try and sort a work round for that one.

I do not want to have to key bind Shift + every F number there is but I suppose it could be done.

I have found SHOOT fantastic even though I only installed it today. Talk about being able to react fast to situations.

If you want a copy of my xml tell me where to post it/ email it.

For all who are not aware of Shoot, it is a voice command activation programme linked to key binding and voice recognition

Hehe... I've been using it for the past 5 or so years... I don't think I could game w/o it wink_o.gif. Remember to train up the voice recognition software by reading to it as its accuracy greatly increases.

Wilco, I'm training and as you say it's improving all the time. How did I game without it. Got so much further in campaign than I thought possible in one day! Hey if you have'nt got track ir then that is a must also .Talk about immersion yay.gif

LOL...   I've got the TrackIR as well.  I really like the combo and initially I thought that for the infantry game the TrackIR didn't help but as I get used to it I can zoom and peek easily just by moving my head. For vehicles, I wouldn't be able to play without it. Add the voice commands and its like being there!  biggrin_o.gif

You got it buddy, Trach IR definitely gives you spacial awareness.

Hey, question for you, I get the command menu pop up when I open fire. Any ideas?(thats with Shoot active).

...I get the command menu pop up when I open fire. Any ideas?(thats with Shoot active).

Hm.... I really don't know.  You can try to remap the "open fire" command, change it in the .xml, and see if it happens with the new bind, but short of one command bound to two options, I have no clue...

LOL...   I've got the TrackIR as well.  I really like the combo and initially I thought that for the infantry game the TrackIR didn't help but as I get used to it I can zoom and peek easily just by moving my head.  For vehicles, I wouldn't be able to play without it.   Add the voice commands and its like being there!  biggrin_o.gif

Have to agree. Ive used TIR since it came out for flight sims. So I tried it with ArmA having played shooters for years. Initially It was a disadvantage , but i persisted with it and after a few hours playing, It came into its own. I have now the floating zone up to max, and along with shoot it feels very natural.

If you can see your way to affording TIR4, in opens up a whole new experience in ArmA. Some people mentioned $300, for it, but I got it  Here for much less.

On topic, has anyone been able to comand their units to move for a certain distance. ?

Firstly, I want to thank you all for turning me on to Shoot.  It has vastly improved my gameplay experience.

Regarding the inability to select a color team, I think I might be close to a solution (with a minor caveat) for this but need some help.

Okay, as we know there is no "team menu" in ArmA to program voice cpmmands to directly select color teams as described above.  But, if you hold down your command key without selecting all or a specific unit and you have units assigned to color teams (say red and green), we see a menu something like this in the upper right hand corner of the screen:

~: Select

---------

Team Red

Team Green

----------

F2:

F3:

F4:

Bummer, no key to select the color teams, but, we can scroll down the list with the "]" by default in ArmA.  So, I tried this in Shoot:

Phrase: "team red"

Key: SpaceBar Delay: 500

Key: ]

Key: Enter

This should hold down the command button for 500ms, scroll down 1 line in the menu and highlight Team Red.  To select team green, you would just repeat the "]" key, and so on...But...it didn't work!  When I tried it by actually pressing the keys I had no problem but I couldn't get it to work in Shoot.  Any ideas why?  Can anyone else find a solution on this track or do you think I am off-base?

If we can get a method like this to work, like I said, there is a caveat.  ArmA lists the teams in the command menu in a hierarchial order: Red, Green, Blue, Yellow, White.  So, if you have two teams assigned (Say red and green) the menu will show red then green.  But, say you want to use only blue and yellow?  Well, blue will show up first and then yellow second, but the command for blue would be "]"x3 key.  So, to make this system work (if we can find a solution), you would always have to assign your teams in order: Red for your first team, green for your second, etc...

Okay Shoot experts, what do you think?