Sign in to follow this  
wika_woo

Flanking...E

I've tried to make my AI troops move really close to a wall and flank..

But this never seems to work..

I really liked the idea in Full spectrum warrior, How they flanked. It gave me a real perspective of urban combat in towns i.e iraq...

Example 2

I don't have the skills for modding it..

But maybe something like this for AI would be great..

Didn't where else to post..

I'd love to see something like this in ArmA ( I did suggest it in the Game 2 forum ). However I think it might be too complicated to implement in the current ArmA engine.

It's a shame, as urban combat is where ArmA AI falls down, in my opinion. It really could do with this kind of system.

The AI does flank you, however they generally dont like to walk on objects, once in a while they walk on some roadway lod on an object but usually their pathfinding leads them a bit away from objects instead of close to them.

The AI doesnt really sence that objects provide cover and that it isnt safe in the middle of a street. However they do take advantage of the terrain (hills etc(Kronzky's post)) but sadly thats useless in cities. If BI could implement something like this for objects also then it would be awesome, but probably not very performance friendly. smile_o.gif

(BTW, i remember from the FSW demo that the AI didnt do anything except returning fire, they definitely didnt flank)

Mut've been a typo in the title, I never intended to put the letter E..

rofl.gif

I suppose your right, opfurom & colt. Half of the standard Formations aren't that good either...