Sign in to follow this  
TrunkzJr

*'s do not work

When it comes to like a custom patch, it doesn't allow you to use any *'s in my name or clan tag. Our clan tag is *=SAS=* and i notice another person had trouble and it turned out *'s just won't show the patch/logo on their arm/jeep etc.

When it comes to like a custom patch, it doesn't allow you to use any *'s in my name or clan tag. Our clan tag is *=SAS=* and i notice another person had trouble and it turned out *'s just won't show the patch/logo on their arm/jeep etc.

This is old news, and I believe it's C++ fault (it doesn't recognize *)...not ArmA nor OFP.

We had/have same issue with *S.W.A.T.*, we just use S.W.A.T. for the squad info.

Just out of interest our clan tags are =22SAS=, can you please edit yours slighty so that there is no confusion between the two.

Thanks smile_o.gif

We've been using our clan tag for 3+yrs i don't think we wanna change it lol cause its * is Stars = is Stripes thus, were Stars & Stripes

starsandstripes4sktransph7.gif

Has anyone ever made a work-around for this to where you can have both? Or maybe it's possible for BI to add in some coding to allow the *'s so ppl can use them?

It's already been said that it's most likly because of C++ coding rules.

If * doesnt work in that, it won't work very well in ArmA. There is nothing BIS can do about it since C++ is a universal language and won't be changed to much..

Well, there are work arounds, but bloody hell its only a clan tag.

SAS = Stars and Stripes? What about clans based on the real SAS, as in the British special forces group? :P