Sign in to follow this  
Ghost

Dedicated Server Files

Ok i know this has been discussed over and over but not in detail, and every topic i looked through was very clear. This is for anyone who wants to configure their dedicated servers(people renting a server, interface through a control panel). Everyone should know that the server needs a server.cfg (name not important) file inside the main ArmA directory. This file is for setting server passwords, motd(message of the day), missions to play automatically and difficulty level, and a few more options. You can find more information about this file here server.cfg. Now that may be fine for most people but what about all those other settings like tracers on/off or 3rd person? Basically all those settings you make in your settings/difficulty window ingame you can have for your server. The thing is they do not go in the server.cfg file. If you look the single player settings are located under c:.....\my documents\ArmA\ Inside the file gamename.armaprofile. You can open the file using notepad and see under the difficulties part different settings with 1 or 0 after them. 1=true/on and 0=false/off. Also in the folder you see arma.cfg and this file is used to tune your dedicated server. Info about tuning the server is here Tuning under the section "Performance Tuning Options". So to get the .armaprofile and arma.cfg file on your dedicated server put this command in the command line..... -profiles=server. Then all you do is save the command line, make sure it is selected and then start the dedicated sever. Once that happens a folder named server with subfolder users should be created in the arma directory. And the two files will be in there. Either edit them through the control panel if it lets you or download them to your computer, edit them, then upload them back to the folder and overwrite the originals. What you need to add to the arma.cfg file depends on your needs/preferences. Look at the performance tuning link. the .armaprofile file just needs this

version=2;

blood=2;

viewDistance=2528;

terrainGrid=6.250000;

volumeCD=8;

volumeFX=10;

volumeSpeech=8;

singleVoice=0;

playerVoice=0;

gamma=1.376447;

brightness=1.221041;

fovTop=0.750000;

fovLeft=1.000000;

uiTopLeftX=0.000000;

uiTopLeftY=0.000000;

uiBottomRightX=1.000000;

uiBottomRightY=1.000000;

sceneComplexity=500000.000000;

shadingQuality=10;

shadowQuality=3;

soundEnableEAX=1;

soundEnableHW=1;

anisoFilter=0;

TexQuality=2;

postFX=1;

useWBuffer=0;

class Difficulties

{

class regular

{

class Flags

{

Armor=1;

FriendlyTag=1;

EnemyTag=0;

HUD=1;

HUDPerm=1;

HUDWp=1;

HUDWpPerm=1;

AutoSpot=0;

Map=1;

WeaponCursor=1;

AutoGuideAT=0;

ClockIndicator=1;

3rdPersonView=1;

Tracers=0;

UltraAI=0;

AutoAim=0;

UnlimitedSaves=1;

};

skillFriendly=0.750000;

skillEnemy=0.650000;

precisionFriendly=0.750000;

precisionEnemy=0.650000;

};

class veteran

{

class Flags

{

HUD=1;

HUDWp=1;

HUDWpPerm=1;

WeaponCursor=1;

ClockIndicator=1;

3rdPersonView=1;

Tracers=0;

UltraAI=0;

};

skillFriendly=0.850000;

skillEnemy=0.896940;

precisionFriendly=0.850000;

precisionEnemy=0.896940;

};

};

Some of the above can be deleted but thats is basically what you need. Edit it accordingly either manually through notepad or through the singleplayer settings. Then just run the dedicated server using the new command line you used and all those settings like tracers ect will be set. Hope this helps out some of you. I was trying to figure this out with the people that host my server for a long time. If anyone has anything else to add, by all means discuss it here.... welcome.gifyay.gif

right i used to play cod2(bad i know)and there is server downloading on that so we dont have to quit out the game and look for a mod just to play the mission so i was wondering is there anyway of implamenting this onto armed assault any help will be apprecated biggrin_o.gif

Thanks for taking the time to post this...I was looking for this info. I was actually running (what I think was a work around for) a ai accuracy config inside server.cfg. It wasnt complaining, so I assumed it worked. I can now test it by trying this method.

On the subject of Dedicated servers config.file

We have uploaded a custom map to the server - placed it in the mpmission folder named mp21 etc. the map uses the saradrylite map addon (which is also installed). We added the mission into the server.cfg file. However everytime we select the mission from in game we get a different mission? Any ideas what could be causing this?

I have ran into a similar problem. Here are some of the causes.

1) Either the mission name has more than two (.) in it for example:

mymission.v1.2.sara.pbo change to mymission_v_1_2.sara.pbo or some format like that.

2) or another thing i found is if your server can only support lets say 5 people and your mission is designed for 30, depending on the restrictions of your dedicated game hoster it may not like that.

3) the mission may need some addons that are not on the dedicated server.