Sign in to follow this  
rfountain

Logitech Extreme 3D Joystick

Hi,

I have a Logitech Extreme 3D Joystick, and I cannot get the Axis to work on this thing in Arma no matter what I do. I have had to assign the W,S,A,D buttones to the Axis in the Logitech profile software in order to get aircraft to be able to even respond to the joystick movements but that is obviously not a desired method for the use of a joystick.

Anyone else having issues or have any ideas why this Joystick does not seem to work with Arma, or am I missing something.

Thanks in advance,

My Extreme 3D Pro works flawlessly here. I don't have that Logitech Profiler tool running. Is the joystick enabled in Arma's options->controls menu?

Yes since there is only that option in the settings I go back and check it over and over hoping to see something else in the settings that would help.

I know the joystick is responding to input as it works when mapped to keys but not when it’s set to its default axis settings.

Plus the joystick works great in other games such as BF2 and MS CFS3. Its only in this game...If your Logitech Extreme 3D joystick works fine then I am really stumped and frustrated.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Yes since there is only that option in the settings I go back and check it over and over hoping to see something else in the settings that would help.

I know the joystick is responding to input as it works when mapped to keys but not when it’s set to its default axis settings.

Plus the joystick works great in other games such as BF2 and MS CFS3. Its only in this game...If your Logitech Extreme 3D joystick works fine then I am really stumped and frustrated.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

You need to configure it in your ArmA control options.

Also, do you have any other controllers connected, such as gamepads or steering wheels? ArmA can only recognize one controller at a time so you will have to disconnect them.

Hi,

Thanks for all the assistance so far.

I also have a n52 Nostromo as well as the Extreme 3D joystick, however I have unplugged the n52 and stopped its profile manager from loading on boot-up. So at the moment I only have the joystick plugged in and still no success.

Checking the controls I have all the +X,-X as well as the +Y,-Y assigned. Nothing responds in-game, even the POV hat does not respond.

What is odd is that I can load up the joystick profile manager and the buttons start to work but the axis’s fail to respond.

Again the stick works fine in other games so I know its not a physical problem with the stick.

I am stumped...I don't know if there is an entry in a config file or something that could prevent the game for recognizing my sticks axis input or fail to respond to the buttons or POV without the profile being loaded.

Help!!!

Desperately Thanks, banghead.gif

Did you restart your PC after unplugging the N52?

Strange problem you have, in control panel-game controllers, do you have any other controllers listed? If you do then remove them.

I had the same joystick as you, it worked fine in ArmA. Though since I got my old MS FF2 fixed I have been using that instead.

If that doesn't help, then maybe try re-installing your joystick drivers.

Hopefully that helps, otherwise I don't know what else to do.

I use the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro with Arma without any problems. Every button and axis works fine and i never installed any driver. I just attached it to the pc and windows xp installes it without any need for an external driver disk.

The only thing i must regard is, that the joystick must be connected befor i start arma. When i attach it after arma has started it doesn't recognize the joystick.

I had similar problems, read this quaint lil' thread, and found lo and behold... I had my Logitech Rumble Pad plugged in as well. I disconnected it (ArmA was not running), ensured that the Logitech Profiler was not running, and launched ArmA (1.08). Voila! I had to config the stick in the controls to my liking, but it works fine. And flying choppers now... Vive la diference!

yay.gif

Nice call, Maddmatt! Thank you so very much!

-- And yes, I am using a Logitech Extreme 3D.

i also use this joystick and it works very fine here.

As others mentioned, i also did not install any driver or what so ever. Only thing is that you have the joystick plugged in before you load up armed assault. And it needs some configuration in Armed Assault, but when u passed the configuration to youre needs, its truly a magnificant joystick

well yes that does work for me, but seems stupid to have to unplug my nostromo to fly. Which i might add doesnt happen in any other game, guess i can stop eyeing off the track ir then.

i can now add this to my list of bugs with the 880 gts, is there any intention from Bis to fix this?

Hi All,

I would like to thank everyone for their assistance in trying to ID and resolve my issue.

I was finally able to get the stick to respond but in order for me to do so I had to go into the device manager and disable the Parallel Joystick Bus and Creative Game Port.

I guess the game for some reason was defaulting to my Parallel port for controller input, but since I use USB I was out of luck until I disabled those devices.

Very odd. Has anyone heard of that before, or is my rig actin' whacky?

Regardless I am glad I can not pass some of the missions that include flight.

Thanks again,

well yes that does work for me, but seems stupid to have to unplug my nostromo to fly. Which i might add doesnt happen in any other game, guess i can stop eyeing off the track ir then.

i can now add this to my list of bugs with the 880 gts, is there any intention from Bis to fix this?

TrackIR doesn't work in the same way as other controllers, you can use it in combination with a joystick just fine.

I have the Extreme 3D and n52 and have managed to get them to work together by using PPjoy and PPjoyjoy to enable the Extreme 3D. The PPjoy virtual stick has to be set up to be the default in the Control Panel Game Controllers app. For some reason I couldn't get the Extreme 3D to set itself as the default without using PPjoy, although an MS Sidewinder 2 FF worked fine.

The n52 doesn't need to use the PPJoy at all, as it doesn't have any axis to set up.

You can still use the key mapping functions of the software for the two controllers to set up your custom maps.

This should work for any combination of joysticks.