Sign in to follow this  
jenga

What's up with the points system??

I love this game.  I think the point/rank system blows.  Do you keep points on a specific server over time, or are all the points you earn on any server you may play on in a night wiped the next day?  I just hate the fact that I can't just jump into a session and start making heli runs.  I have to run a few mishs over the course of an hour or two first.  Can someone enlighten me please?  Like I said, I love this simulator in almost every way but I'm frustrated with not being able to do what I really want to be doing in game.  

Also, I here people talking about evo, and I see there are multiple versions being played on different servers.  What's the idea behind this and what are the differences in the versions (i.e. 0.5, 1.5, etc.)??  I just started playing MP a week or so ago.

I apologize if there's a thread already devoted to this, I may not haved searched well enough.

Thank you!!

Jenga

You dont seem entirely familiar with how the game works: At least 99,9% of the missions played are made by the community. The point system where you can only use choppers after x points or whatever is entirely up to the mission editor and what you described is only used in evolution, there are almost no other missions which use such a point based system.

If you immediately want to fly a chopper then you should play a chopper mission... wink_o.gif

You are probably talking about the Evolution coop mission.

There are many different missions. As you probably know, it's relatively easy to create missions, and all the goals, targets, available vehicles, various restrictions, anything, is up to the creator of the particular mission.

ArmA alone doesn't provide any point/rank system.

If you don't like the Evolution mission, try other servers on which people plays other missions (although i think the choice is somewhat limited, because the Evolution coop is rather popular these days - not that i understand why, i don't like it either).