Sign in to follow this  
shunday

ALT-F4

I simply can't be the only one with this problem and i dont know where to put this topic.

Hoping someone will have some kind of an idea of a way to get around this.

In your typical long coop mission, you're in the midst of the heat and you're watching your AI's by holding down ALT for freelook. At this point you want your number 4 ai to move to a specific location. You press down F4 and then its all over. banghead.gif Instant desktop

How about some confirmation when doing this? Or being able to disable it ingame?

Anyone know of any workarounds?

well it's a standard windows-key combination. You can disable it by using some program for example: dwinlcok

Thanks for the link.

I guess i'll have to live without being able to fully command mr no.4.

I could possibly learn to doublepress Alt all the time instead, or buy a track-ir. icon_rolleyes.gif

rofl.gif

You could bind look to a different key. Or set alt to toggle free look so you don't have to hold it down. smile_o.gif

Thanks for the program link, I've been looking for something like that for years! I must have accidentally alt-f4'd about 50 times by now!

Controls likely to be held down in combination with other keys are bound to ctrl, alt and shift for a reason. Keyboard hardware can only register a few simultaneous "normal" key presses at any one time, but ctrl, alt and shift are designed to be used in combination with other keys and are therefor kept on seperate circuits.

Good find with the program. I've tried fancy key presses too and sometimes accidentally Alt-F4 is one of them.