Sign in to follow this  
Charlie_McSheenie

pock marks all over opf

Yesterday i was playing through opf, as you do, and i'd started a new campaiagn. everything went swimmingly although a few dodgy things happened. In that montignac attack mission i was about to assault, looked around (at the horizon) and a small collection of grey little pockmarks showed up (only on the sky). I just ignored it though.

not long afterwards i got to the mission ''rescue'', which has long been one mof my favorite campaign missions. it wasn't this time though. we stormed the village, rescued tyhe hostages, bunged them into a truck (killed the other truck) and drove up, got out of the truck etc... all no problem. after all the action (killed the russian squad at the top of the hill) i jogged happily up to the rebel base. heres were the massive problems started. i began noticing small groups of green and gray pockmarks in certain area's of the screen, i started getting worried. i then looked around (down the hill) and literally half of the screen (split right through the middle) was covered in green and grey pockmarks. stuff was visible behind them, but as you may imagine they were annoying.

this happened on the next level as well, but after playing for 2 minutes and seeing them i went off and cowered in a dark corner for a while.

can anyone tell me what is going. i am running a genuine copy of opf. i'm not experiancing any of the decreased accuracy, f'd up controls etc... that fade alledgedly brings. could it be a problem with my graphics card? i had all the settings at max, and it seems my card is running ok.

someone please help

Have you tried reinstalling your drivers for your graphics card?, also try reinstalling directx 8.1...

Hope that sorts it out for you. Good luck!

stupid question -

i have an asus geforce3 - do i need to download drivers from the asus site for the specific card (which i can find but no drivers) or do i just install new geforce drivers (which i have)

whoops double post!

(Edited by Morph at 12:45 pm on Dec. 19, 2001)

i've got them on dvd gamer its just at the moment i cannot be arased going upstairs to install them and playtest opf with them (i have to download stuff)

I'm running the Asus 8200 card and the Nvidia drivers work well..especially considering that the Asus drivers were just the Nvidia drivers...about 2 months behind.

hey, just a question (since you have the v8200) did you have any trouble with the software for installation, i remember it took ages for the software to work and to install tghe card. did you experiance any difficulty?

Ok ruskie I have the Asus v8200 and have tested more than a few drivers with it. I find for me the best ones so far are the 22.50 or 22.80 ..........

The official drivers as of now are the 23.11... but I personally was having problems with them...(instant reboots)..

I am running on Win XP with DX 8.1 and find that the 22.50/80 give me the best visually and performance wise.....

Hope it helps...

and no I had no probs with any of the soft ware I just installed the smart doctor software to monitor temps for when I overclock the card....(260/558 air cooled first gen GF3).. smile.gif

(Edited by Cpt Gamer FtK at 1:34 am on Dec. 20, 2001)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Cpt Gamer FtK on 1:24 am on Dec. 20, 2001

Ok ruskie I have the Asus v8200 and have tested more than a few drivers with it. I find for me the best ones so far are the 22.50 or 22.80 ..........

The official drivers as of now are the 23.11... but I personally was having problems with them...(instant reboots)..

I am running on Win XP with DX 8.1 and find that the 22.50/80 give me the best visually and performance wise.....

Hope it helps...

and no I had no probs with any of the soft ware I just installed the smart doctor software to monitor temps for when I overclock the card....(260/558 air cooled first gen GF3).. smile.gif

(Edited by Cpt Gamer FtK at 1:34 am on Dec. 20, 2001)

<span id='postcolor'>

thanks for the help, may i just ask where i can download these drivers, since i can't find them on the ASUS site sad.gif

but thanks for the advice, i'm pretty sure its a problem with the drivers now, since i haven't upgraded them yet since i got the new computer....

Ruskie,

No problems with the card at all..took me about 20 minutes from start to finish, including hooking up all the d*amned cables on the back of this machine. wink.gif The only problem I have had is the fan on the heatsink has failed a couple times. Finally pulled it, yanked off the prism ASUS label over the bushing and hit it with various stuff..3-1 oil seems to have worked the best.

I'd send you some driver sites but it would appear you've got all the ones you need. wink.gif