Sign in to follow this  
Dannyllnl69

Upcoming MFAF mod

Mexican Federal Armed Forces Mod

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

First off i must say i will begin this journey by myself and hopefully some friends will join up just to help me config,texture,etc. First off i decided to create this mod because i am proud of my heritage of being Mexican

American, I live about 15 miles away from the border with Mexico. As the weeks and Months go by many firefights and shootings have happened Around the Country of Mexico. Specificly in the Mexcian State of Nuevo Leon, (which i am also proud of being from there). I am Also Planning to Begin a Map (if the tools are release) the part of the map would be based in the Northern part of Mexico and U.S (NuevoLeon/Texas Border).

On June 15 i will begin my work when i recive my new computer.First off i am going to begin the Men:

Mexican Federal Army

___

1.Infantry

2.GAFES-Grupo Aeromovil Fuersas Especiales(Mexican Green Beret)

Later:

1.PGJ (Procuradoria General de Justicia)

2.AFI (Agensia Federal de Investigaciones)

3.Civilians

4.Grupos Narcotrafico(Il see if I Make two Different sides)

5.Policia Estatal

6.Policia Rural

Soon/someday

1.Military Vehicles

2.Civilian Vehicles

3.Civilian/luxorious Vehicles

4.Police Vehicles

TAKING REQUESTS !! biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Great to see some new faces getting excited about creating content for Arma.

A couple of pieces of advice (take em or leave em)

1) Be realistic about how much you can accomplish. Creating addons is a lot of work, try to pace yourself and avoid burnout. Don't be afraid to ask for help (you may not get it - at least right away, but ask anyway - eventually someone will probably lend a hand).

2) Make what interests you - take requests, but only if they float your boat. No sense working on anything you don't want or care about. Ultimately your own personal satisfaction is what is most important.

3) Be ready and accepting of constructive criticsm. On this forum every release is followed by 4 posts of "great job - downloading" followed by 5-100 pages of bug fix requests (depending on the popularity of the project). Nobody's perfect, don't take the criticism personally and don't try to satisfy everyone's nitpicking.

Good Luck and have fun.

Any plans to include our side of the border? There have been more then a few intrusions by Mexican forces onto US soil including a few that have resulted in armed confrontations with USBP agents or local law enforcement officers.

Seriously, thanks for posting that nubbin77. I was about to make a post like this, but it would have sounded more like flamming so... but you got the right words, only hope those too-excited-creating-a-mod-for-their-country will get realistic and start creating 1 working addon before planning such mods...

GJ.