Sign in to follow this  
Jack-UK

Flag Return

Hey, i did search, got some results but the only solution was to use Karr's OFP template which had JIP issues.

Anyway to the point:

Ive created a CTF mission and its all working fine, BUT i dont know how to make the flag auto return if a player is dead :S I have no idea how to do this as im a complete noob to scripting :S

like i said the rest of the CTF is working fine, but i just need a script/trigger or whatever to auto return a flag after a player has been dead for say 30 seconds.

All help will be appreciated smile_o.gif Thank you!

Ok.. like i said im a complete scripting noob so im gonna need more help than just one command thanks wink_o.gif

But guessing that i'll have to do some sort of check to see if the flag carrier is alive, and if thats false then i'll have to do

flag1 setflagowner objnull ?

Sorry, its probably really simple but i just dont know where to start with most scripting, all the decent complete guides have been in german :S

Quote[/b] ]But guessing that i'll have to do some sort of check to see if the flag carrier is alive, and if thats false then i'll have to do

flag1 setflagowner objnull ?

Yes Jack,

Thats one option,hard to explain as I dont have a clue how u set up your map,what scripts are already running,etc

You might also consider another delay before u return the flag when your flagrunner is dead,so your friends can take it over...

A good advice,grab a template (BAS_f or ECL MP) and learn,

it will save U a lot of time.

ok thanks for your help thumbs-up.gif

Its basically just a normal CTF map tho, i released it unaware that there was no auto flag return, (CTF- St. Pierre reloaded - http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=63382 )

So im hoping that i can work out the first option, i'll take a look at the BAS_f template, i thought it was only a COOP template but i'll take a look at it and i'll see if i can work it out from there =D

Thanks again