Sign in to follow this  
brataccas

Bi forum for life?

I'd like to ring out the old phrase, "You can't please everybody."

Whatever decision we make, whether you think it is good or bad, a number of other people will always say the opposite about it. As a result, admittedly, I think we tend to ignore any criticism of our moderation - especially if it's public.

While I have to disagree with many opinions here, and I do think a number of you are stretching the limits, I do believe it is good to air these grievances before someone explodes. I can't promise everything will change back to the "good old days", but again, remember that's relative.

Got my first WL for a pointless(ish) post about making addons (I posted a picture of a fake dog crap and said "This was my attempt at an addon... Was meant to be an infantry unit"). Rhodite, you could have just warned me tounge2.gif

I got my second WL for for posting in a Squad and Fanpage squad advertisment after not reading the new rules (Right after they were changed I think). I think that this 2nd one was a tad unfair (No PM just a strait WL and post deletion. I sent a PM to the moderator but... Why couldn't they just PM me a warning and delete my post damn it? I don't even know who warned me. They didn't post in the thread (Cause it was S&F) and didn't reply to my PM (Just had the standard "BlahBlah You have a +1 Warning Level, You werewarned in this thread: (Link to a thread where no warning is, not even my post (All deleted) Please read this post: (Link to post with the rule (That was new at the time) about posting in S&F pages)" crazy_o.gif

Anyway. I haven't been here long, yet I already notice people who were veryvery active when I joined,  disapearing!

The moderators are constantly adapting to the community.

The community is constantly changing, but the rules have remained the same since the old OFPN-crew started moderating here. Some cases require stricter rule enforcement than others. Add to that that the community is roughly twice as big today than it was in the "old days". There will be more bad apples and there will be more work for the moderators to do.

For the old "family" mentality to come back I think many members here need to take a long and hard look at what they have done here and ask themselves "what is it that I really want from this board and it's community?".

It might sound like a cliche but I live by these words:

Treat others the same way you want them to treat you.

I dont think there is much else to say on this subject. I havent seen anything I havent seen before, so I'm going to pull a "Too O-T for O-T" on this one.