Sign in to follow this  
Tovarish

I think you miss the point....

Well, as a Cuban-Russian living in Canada, that poll left me no middle ground, but since the "Canadians are whiners" vote was ahead I cast mine in with the "Russians are cheaters" even if I don't believe that....fact is, this whole thing is about a judge possibly being corrupt and casting a vote "under pressure". If the IOC investigation reveals this was true, Canada should get the medal, if not, Russia keeps it.

Unfortunately I never saw this so I can't give my personal opinion....college has an amazing way of making TV so...unimportant....which reminds me I've got a middterm tomorrow WTF am I doing browsing the forum??? L8r

*mutter* Heh, I guess I do deserve to be flamed for this one, if you haven't clued in this was meant as a reply to jaxx's poll about the figure skating mess...clicked on the wrong damn button without noticing

That's OK - you can't post to my poll anyway.

It's true it's a judge question - but would it have been raised if the canadians had won? I don't believe so. In any case, once a medal has been awarded, I don't think it can be taken away, can it?

What's ironic is that everyone knows the names of the canadian pair - Sale and Pelletier, but noone knows the russian pair's names. It's a sad statement on the world today.

That's great Damage. Thank you. And good luck with the post count.

Anyway, didn't Ben Johnson from Canada lose his gold medal after using steriods? I wonder if this would be considered a precedent? Of course, it was HIS fault he was stripped. No sense in punishing the Russians if it was a French judge at fault.

...and why would that affect the gold medal that the russian skaters won?confused.gif

What if Jesus came down from heaven and made the judge vote the way she did to punish the canadians for ben johnson's embarrassing behaviour?

Get serious, will you? If we are to speculate, at least do it reasonably.

Bullshit, I made my point before in a different thread. Ice-scating is a very conservative sport with a good memory. The old judges have lived through decades of russian superiority in all Ice-skating disciplines. However the time has changed and the judges need to be a little bit younger to see and realise this change. Noone has been paid, dont give me this crap. wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">In any case, once a medal has been awarded, I don't think it can be taken away, can it?<span id='postcolor'>

There was another Canadian controversy a whiles back in the 92 Summer Olympics with a syncronize swimmer that should of won gold but a judge pushed the wrong button (she wanted to press 9 but pressed 6 I believe, and didn't have enough time to change her mistake before they announced the final score) and that judge's error cost the canadian the gold.  The judge the fessed up to the error and they awarded the canadian a second gold medal a year latter for that event, the other person who got the gold kept her gold.  With this figure skating thingy going on now, I don't think they can take away the russian's medals, but can award a second gold to the canucks.

Anyway, I don't think any sport that requires make-up is a real sport.

-=Die Alive=-

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Damage Inc @ Feb. 14 2002,19:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I thought the whole point is that a judge was corrupt?<span id='postcolor'>

Yes, but don't speculate that someone in the russian team paid off the french judge. It's a waste of time. If they do find that out, then it's one thing.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Die Alive @ Feb. 14 2002,20:06)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Anyway, I don't think any sport that requires make-up is a real sport.<span id='postcolor'>

LOL! Can't argue with that.

Make up is not required to win!

I see no reason why a sport shouldnt also have aesthetic features (not that you think Ice skating is my favourite sport). And it is a very very very old sport.

I thought make-up and costume added/detracted from your points??? Is this a myth, then?