Sign in to follow this  
Spyder001

Addons

Okay I remember playing OFP, try to go into a server and you find you don't have the right add-ons. How about the add-ons that are cool (like the C130) but don't really work up to standards.

Well how about BIS, on their ArmA main website, creates a button that says "Official Add-ons". You click this and login, members from the community can assist in moderating this.

Members can view a list of all the neat little add-ons that would make ArmA a even better game. The list includes, for example, fully working C130 (working doors and ability to walk around inside), Chinook, F-16, flash bangs, etc. Creators will do their best to fit all necessities to make the add-on fully functional. Then another creator can take and edit the add-on until perfection is reached.

The add-on is available to the public but under "Experimental" phase. Once it is fully tested by the community and given the go by Developers, it is given the "Official add-on" status and is submitted INTO the next patch. So everyone will have it.

Only the add-ons that are asked for will be added to the updates. So to save space, add-ons from other counties won't be added to save space. I don't think people want a game that takes up 10 Gb.

Anyone care to post any pros/ cons of this idea. Any BI mods want to comment?

I dont think they can label anything official unless they create it. They might be able to do a user addon's or mods i would think. I do with they would tell you what addons you were missing when you joined a server. That would help out quite a bit if you ask me.

I think they could. Anyone can make a legal disclaimer saying that any addons submitted to BIS are allowed to be used by BIS is any way, shape, or form.

Something similar happened a while ago for OFP. Perhaps they will do it again for ArmA sometime in the future.

This post was really directed toward the BI guys. I hope they see this and give me some feedback here.