Sign in to follow this  
JoeDeath

Adding Building and Trees to Existing Map

Hello everyone,

I am an old OFP map modder who is new to ArmA. I would like to add buildings and trees to the existing map. The way I used to do it was to simply add an object, (like a civilian) open up the mission file with notepad, and change the name of the civilian I just added to a building name (for example civilian becomes FuelStation). Upon reloading the map a FuelStation would be where the civilian was that I had just added. I could then move, copy, or otherwise manipulate the building accordingly.

This seems to work fine with ArmA also (as in the case with the FuelStation example. The problem is I don’t have the “official†names of the new houses and vegetation. Therefore I can’t add the objects. Only some of the names from OFP work. Does anyone have the names of the buildings and vegetation for ArmA?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Hey man,

Ouch, that sounds like a painful process! I know that you did it that way because back in OFP, using an Edito Object Addon would have a dependancy, and you wanted to avoid that. For Arma, (if I recall correctly....my memory has been known to be a bit shoddy) there is an object editor addon that doesn't create a dependancy.

Unfortunately, that's all I can help you out with. sad_o.gif I don't remember the name of the addon that did this. I just thought you should know that the possibility exists. Maybe somone else out there knows what I'm talking about, or after doing a bit of searching you might come across it.

Good luck!

Abs

Thanks all. The editor works like a charm, but it does cloud up the map with the items that are added. I have a map where I added a bunch of trees and now when I use the map all I see is blue trees.

The structer list was also very helpfull. It allows me to add buildings the way I used to without using the editor. This makes the maps playable for people who do not have the editor. Hoefully they will include the editor in a patch.

Thanks all for the help.

You know...there is an Editor Update v102 and somthn else. Wich is a small addon that contains ALL the buildings, vegitation and objects in ArmA?