Sign in to follow this  
CAGE RATTLER

Can someone tell me what this app error means plea

Well i had troubles getting going with this game but i can now play single player missions and the campaign but i still have yet to be able to play online.

I cant even start my own game online through INTERNET or LAN.

Im either locking up or getting the following error.

The exception unknown software exception (0xc06d007f) occurred in the application at location 0x7c812a5b

I got real close a couple times getting into a server last night. When i joined i was able to see the server text in the upper left corner and showed me connected, then i was able to choose a slot and then hit OK. I got all the way to the loading screen and at the last second it went back to the selection screen with a solid green bar across the middle of the page and seemed to freeze there. It wasnt a lockup because i could still see fraps changing numbers.

The servers all seem to be running the evolution1.5A mission so i even downloaded it and placed it in my MPMissions folder so i would have to download through the game.

Ive tried about everything i can think of or have read about but just cant get online. Seems crazy that i cant even start my own game ........... even on LAN.

Ive opened every port listed on my router and even turned off the XP firewall. Since it seems like im connected and see the server text i didnt think it was a firewall or port issue .... but im trying everything right now.

I did some google searching for the error im getting and found some info where other have gotten the same error using other software and they said it was a DLL error but i have no idea what DLL it could be or if in fact it is a DLL error in ARMA.

Any and all help would be appreciated.

By the way ...... this is on a freshly reformatted PC running Windows XP Home with all updated drivers and windows updates.

My specs as of now (been switching alot of different hardware to see if it changes ... including 3 different video cards)

Mobo: Asus A7N8X Deluxe rev 2.0 (nforce2 chipset)

CPU: AMD XP1900+ (had the same prob with a 2500+)

Video Card: ATI 9800 Pro All In Wonder 128MB (its actually running better than my GF 6800 GT 256MB was)

Right now im running everything on the lowest settings in game at 1024 x 768 just trying to get it running properly and getting over 30 fps in game in singleplayer.

This is the US retail version.

If you need more info just ask ......... Obviously im getting very aggravated here.

Seems you also have a nforce <number> motherboard. I used to be able to play ArmA in the internet fine, 1.05, 1.07. Then all of a sudden one day, I started getting crash-to-desktop's everytime I tried to join a multiplayer server.

I am also using a nfrorce motherboard (though, mine is nf3 yours is nf2). I am using NVIDIA's official drivers (5.11, the latest) for my motherboard. The time this same problem started to happen to me, was when I was switching between nvidia's and realtek's drivers for my motherboard's integrated realtek soundcar.

Well I tried uninstalling both, then one at a time I tried with both, the game would still CTD.

I would also like to know a solution for this problem. I hear some other peole have had this problem too, with nforce -motherboards also.

-------------

EDIT: I have found a solution for this.

quote from another thread:

IMPORTANT: Delete this file: C:\WINDOWS\system32\OpenAL32.dll

Then download & run the openalinstaller from here:

http://developer.creative.com/article....&aid=46

I cant thank you enough ......... That seems to have taken care of the problem.

Great find!!!!

I do have a Nforce2 board and am using the onboard sound right now.

I have an Audigy 2 sound card that has caused me problems in the past and was about to re-install it since i did make some hardware changes but now i dont have to.

Thanks again.