Sign in to follow this  
TLC-Smokey

Problems with ArmaProfile

I have been working on getting our server configured with the right options for the past couple of days and still running into the same problems. I setup a server profile to read my armaprofile with all the options we want, but the server seems to only read part of it, making me think I'm doing something wrong. I followed what others have said in the "Disabling 3rd person" topic and have searched the forums and wiki looking for what I am doing wrong, but still am having the same problems. Same of the options are working but others are not. At first I set the server to Veteran mode wanting the weapon crosshairs gone and some of the other options turned off, but some of our players were unhappy about not having the map options and friendly tags, so I figured that I could just set it to regular and turn off the weapon cursor and some of the other things I didn't want, but for some reason it's not reading my profile correctly. I got the map options back and the crosshairs turned off but I cannot see friendly tags. This is kind of important, because it helps figuring out who you are working with and it helps to know who to kick when people are being idiots. Could friendly tags be linked to some other option I have turned off?

Here is what I have done so far:

I created a folder called "users" in my Arma Folder and a folder under that called TLC. The shortcut reads as follows:

"D:\Program files\Arma 106\ArmA_Server.exe" -name=TLC "-profiles=D:\Program files\Arma 106\users\TLC" -config=server.cfg

Once I launched it the first time I saw the folders that Arma created in the TLC folder

D:\Program files\Arma 106\users\TLC\Users\TLC

D:\Program files\Arma 106\users\TLC\Users\Administrator

I edited the TLC.ArmaProfile in the TLC folder as follows:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">version=2;

blood=2;

viewDistance=3000;

terrainGrid=3.125000;

volumeCD=7;

volumeFX=7;

volumeSpeech=7;

singleVoice=0;

playerVoice=0;

gamma=1.000000;

brightness=1.000000;

fovTop=0.750000;

fovLeft=1.000000;

uiTopLeftX=0.000000;

uiTopLeftY=0.000000;

uiBottomRightX=1.000000;

uiBottomRightY=1.000000;

sceneComplexity=300000.000000;

shadingQuality=7;

shadowQuality=2;

soundEnableEAX=1;

soundEnableHW=0;

difficultyMP="regular";

class Difficulties

{

class regular

{

class Flags

{

Armor=1;

FriendlyTag=1;

EnemyTag=0;

HUD=1;

HUDPerm=1;

HUDWp=1;

HUDWpPerm=1;

WeaponCursor=0;

AutoAim=1;

AutoGuideAT=0;

3rdPersonView=1;

ClockIndicator=0;

Map=1;

Tracers=1;

AutoSpot=0;

UltraAI=0;

UnlimitedSaves=0;

};

skillFriendly=0.750000;

skillEnemy=0.600000;

precisionFriendly=0.750000;

precisionEnemy=0.600000;

};

class veteran

{

class Flags

{

HUD=1;

HUDWp=1;

HUDWpPerm=1;

WeaponCursor=0;

AutoAim=1;

AutoGuideAT=0;

ClockIndicator=0;

3rdPersonView=1;

Tracers=1;

AutoSpot=0;

UltraAI=0;

};

skillFriendly=0.850000;

skillEnemy=0.850000;

precisionFriendly=0.850000;

precisionEnemy=0.850000;

};

};

showTitles=1;

showRadio=1;

I also copied in my Arma.cfg which looks like this:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">language="English";

adapter=-1;

3D_Performance=9615.000000;

Resolution_W=800;

Resolution_H=600;

Resolution_Bpp=32;

MaxMsgSend = 256; //Help Minimize Lag

MinBandwidth = 1024000; //Help Minimize Lag

Everything seems to be working the way I want it, except for the fact that we cannot see friendly tags anymore and the only way I can get it to work is to roll it back to default which makes the cross hairs come back which drive me crazy smile_o.gif I'm sure I am doing something wrong, I am new to the ARMA/OFP series, but I have been managing gaming servers for quite some time, so a nudge in the right direction would help greatly.

Thanks in advance for tips or suggestions you can offer.

That's stupid, why would they make those dependent on one another? Is there any kind of post or wiki on profile options and their dependencies? It will save us server admins much time troubleshooting why things are not working the way we set them to be. PLEASE FIX BIS!

Without friendly tags how do you know who you are working with in close proximity? Or how do you tell who is being an asshat on the server to kick/ban? You telling me the only way to do this is to enable those horrible cross hairs? I hate cross hairs, nothing realistic about that. When will gaming companies quit making games with them? Especially when they sell them as realistic tactical shooters.

Hopefully by the time 1.07 goes final this can be corrected.

I agree, I don't like them either, but at the moment I prefer them to dancing like steve urkel so we can know who is right in front of you.

Search the wiki - if it isn't there you can add it yourself whistle.gif