Sign in to follow this  
pukey123

Where are you?

In a number of the missions, both Campaign and Missions, I get a voice message, "where are you"? Is there any way to answer? I can't find anything in the command menu. Any and all advice will be very much appreciated. Thanks. pukey

It will only happen when you're squad leader. The AI trys to tell you that it has got far "away" from your formation/position.

Just wait somewhere until it closed up again, or to be sure select that ai and give it a move order to where you are.

It could happen when you've ordered it to go prown and run away then.

It will only happen when you're squad leader. The AI trys to tell you that it has got far "away" from your formation/position.

Just wait somewhere until it closed up again, or to be sure select that ai and give it a move order to where you are.

It could happen when you've ordered it to go prown and run away then.

Thanks again Trapper, you are mighty helpful. Yes, I'm the squad leader and now I realize that at least one of my men has strayed. I'll be more watchful in the future. All the best. pukey

I'm sure some of my men have limps. Some just can't keep up. If i wasn't so soft (and didn't want to give my position away) i'd shoot them. pistols.gif

Sometimes they don't keep up when your driving humvees etc. So not only do they have limps they can't drive either!

Ho hum. whistle.gif

It is good to note that in nearly all cases, the combat mode of the soldiers that you're commanding depends on how fast they will move. Their default is called: Stay Alert. However, if you change this from Stay Alert, to the faster mode At Ease, then your squad will run with you at about the same pace as you're running. This is because at Stay Alert, your troops must run slower in order to stay... alert. The command for At Ease is ~ > 7 > 4. You will say "All, at ease!" and they will not confirm, but you will know that they heard you, simply because you said it over the comm. link. Watch their speed increase...

When you have contact with the enemy tell them "All, Stay alert!" ~ > 7 > 3, or "All, danger!" ~ > 7 > 2 with either one slowing them down that much more respectively. It's very important to toggle between the modes, if you want your squad to stay alive.

When I wrote this, ~ means tilde (the key below the Esc key), > means just an arrow to show you the next key, and the numbers are simply numbers.

Hello

You can also send them to other positions using the map. Once they get there, they will let you know they have arrived with a "Ready". They will stay in positon quite happily until told to: a. Engage a Target, b. Move to another positon or c. Told to rejoin formation

TBH they are best sent off, rather than try to keep up with you ("where are you?" gets rather annoying, especially when you have a 12 man Squad)!

Rgds - Tom