Sign in to follow this  
avi13

Arma crashing on startup

No idea what happened, I didnt play ArmA for a while now I want to play again but it keeps crashing on startup, I get the message "ArmA has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

The technical details are:

AppName:arma.exe

ModVer:5.1.2600.2991

AppVer:1.5.0.5136 ModName: Kernel32.dll

Offset: 00012a5b

It doesnt even get to the main menu, After I click the shortcut I see these little boxes fill up, then I get this message sad_o.gif

specs:

E6300

P5B Deluxe

X1950PRO 256MB

2gig ram

7.4 driver for GFX

Any ideas?sad_o.gif

I was having this same problem with the demo. I couldnt for the life of me figure it out. I did however decide that it wasnt a hardware problem but a softwere/operation system problem. I knew that I could spend hours trying to solve it so I opted for a clean install of windows xp instead. The problem is fixed although I dont know how. Somewhere else I read in these forums that those little boxes that check off at the start are copy protection related and dont have anything thing to do with ArmA.

Up we go, And no - Reinstall isn't an option, perhaps it had something to do with the recent windows updates, thats the only thing I can point that might have changed something.