Sign in to follow this  
Stagger Lee

Is the "Evolution" mod too prevalent?

It seems a good 70% to 80% of servers are using this map and only this map, and this greatly reduces the variety of missions available in online multiplayer. I have nothing against the map/mod itself, it's pretty fun, in a sandbox sort of way, but the fact that it has multiple objectives means that players tend to each be doing their own thing and there's not a lot of teamwork going on. You may have players in 2s or 3s running around, but usually not much more than this.

Maps with a focus on a specific mission, give all the players the same goal to work toward, encouraging better team play and organization.

I just hope some server admins think about this and maybe the novelty of a "big map that tries to do everything" will wear off over time. This is not supposed to be an MMO, after all.

Try play it with the right people, or a clan your in. Different kettle of fish smile_o.gif

Is there a website or single location where I can find information about this map/mod? Because although I've been playing it for a few days there's a lot of its functionality I'm not sure about.

Go here.

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=60633

I would be pleased if there was a thread that had servers that DIDN'T play this mission.

It is a great mission and shows what ArmA can do but after playing it for 2 weeks I am tired of respawn and a never ending mission that you can't lose.