Sign in to follow this  
FloydATC

Ammunition dumps - guard duty

The auxiliary mission where I'm supposed to walk around the same building over and over again... do I really have to do this all night?? I have been at it for over two hours now, in the first 15 minutes or so I gunned down four enemies but after that... nothing.

Will there be some kind of spectacular attack making this worth the wait, or is there perhaps a lap counter? Or do I actually have to patrol this place all night? Is this a game?

Sorry, my enthusiasm for ArmA is on a steep decline...

There should be 5 enemies. Look for the fith around the dumps.

As for me, one bastard magically managed to go through the wall in to the building. It was the first one, I believe. Fakker infiltrated the base and when I spotted him and pulled the trigger, he "penetrated" the wall.

The AI guards you're posted with usually take care of the northern enemies.

What I recommend - climb the stack and camp up there. The enemy only has pistols, so they can't (and won't) shoot at you. With your NVGs on, you'll be able to spot the enemies even before they reach the base. Simple + effective.

...to walk around the same building over and over again... do I really have to do this all night?? I have been at it for over two hours now...

Sorry, my enthusiasm for ArmA is on a steep decline...

rofl.gif Yeah, Arma players are really the most patient and disciplined of all.

All the more it's worse that the only missions I remember that are not bugged in such a situation are user made OFP missions.

Just forget about the official Arma missions, they suck, every single one. The exception is "Blood, Sweat & Tears" in the 505 release but its not a BIS mission.

You better try "The Cause" or "Perpetua" for Arma immediately.

Thanks all of you!

Quote[/b] ]

You better try "The Cause" or "Perpetua" for Arma immediately.

Noted :-)

I didn't bother walking around either. I just went into the ammo crates in the garage type building, grabbed a sniper rifle and climbed up the building to the roof. You have a nice birds eye view there. The friendly troops in the base are dumb. The enemy walks right up next to them and they do nothing. Saved their AI butts every time!