Sign in to follow this  
thegunnysgt

Call For Extraction

What do I need to do to have a squad call for extraction and a helicopter come to where ever he is on the map and wait for them.

Then what if the person that the script it tied to (the one who calls for the extraction) dies between the calling of the chopper and the extraction. How can the chopper know when to take off when the remaining squad members are inside and not just go to the extraction and leave.

Also, how to get AI to salute?

Its probably something someone will make soon as a mission you can merge with yours easily. If you play around with the editor you can make waypoints for a chopper and a radio trigger. Using synchronize the radio trigger to the choppers waypoints will get the chopper to start moving on its WP's. And you give the chopper a name that you can reference

Then for the "wherever you are" part of the pickup the chopper needs a domove command somewhere like on a waypoint in its activation field or a trigger that detects the chopper.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> chopper1 domove getpos player

in a trigger or a waypoint OR a script will work.

Now the chopper has to land and pickup the group. Two waypoints synched can do this.....

If the squad has a GetIn WP and the Chopper has a load WP synched to each other. Then the chopper will wait for the group before it moves to next waypoint.

Dont worry about dying at this point. Just try not to die as you would anyway. The "what if" stuff is endless. You just need the basic model working to start with.

The setpos command could move waypoints. You probably want to tell the chopper where to take you instead of a static base position so that will be a later part.

You cant make anything to sophisticated without doing scripts, incidentally, which takes time and effort to learn but is the more powerful and better way to manipulate the engine. The editor tools are just more intuitive and easier for beginners but once you start developing an idea like this and testing it out in the mission you will quickly want to enhance it in various ways and generally some tight scripting that is called from the triggers and Eventhandlers etc in the game are the better way to do that.

I just got this game and Im suprised its running on my crappy system and it looks bad but its running!

So if I can make a mission that does this in a simple way with the tools to show you I will.

Im sure that there will be a very good merge-mission out there that has a very good helo-pickup service in it very soon if not allready.