Sign in to follow this  
DaRat

Creating a server?

Hey all!

Just to get things straightened out, I have searched for the answer to this problem, and basically didn't understand how to do it - so rather than post in the old topic (4 months old?) since that would contravene the bumping/ digging up old threads rule, I decided to start a new thread icon_rolleyes.gif

Ok, so I'm wondering how I would go about hosting a server for me and a few buddies? They haven't actually purchased ArmA [i'm converting them whistle.gif ], so I'm on about the combat operations demo here (but when they get the game, I guess that too). On the original ArmA demo, I could host a server no problems with people able to join, but now when people try to connect (CO demo), they get "Failed to Connect" or something similar...

Haven't tried it on the full game yet (seeing as I have no need to host a server yet! wow_o.gif )

I'm guessing it's something to do with port forwarding? As I said, I searched for the answer, and all I could see was "open port 2302" etc... This is new to me.. I've forwarded ports in the past for other servers on other games, but they seemed to be longer, and actually fit into my router port forward screen for a start. So I was wondering how I would go about forwarding that port..

Step by step instructions would be appreciated... whistle.gif

(I'm behind a DSL 504T ADSL router if it helps)

Thanks!

For sure I cant help it, I think you do not have seen this tounge2.gif

Edit:

For your router question go to www.portforward.com

Would I need a config file for just a small hosted game? (not dedi, just for like, a couple of hours at a time)

Secondly, Portforward.com was my first port of call ( pun! ) yet didn't have ArmA's ports listed there... sad_o.gif

As far as i remember arma ports are 2302,2303,2305 ?

Ok, but how exactly do I enter them into my router?

portsdz1.jpg

Like that? Because I tried that, and it didn't work sad_o.gif

Cheers

Sorry really cant help ya there mate as all routers seem to have different menu's settings!

But even when router was set-up ppl couldnt even see me unless i turned off all my firewalls!

Change the Protocol to UDP/TCP, the Port End to 2005, and the Port Map to 2002.