Sign in to follow this  
damned303

Problem assigning weapons

I am having a problem assigning weapons to the soldiers in the squad. In the description file I have a list of weapons and ammunition available to the squad members.

Example:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class Weapons

{

class AK74 {count = 8;};

class RPG7V {count = 2;};

class Binocular {count = 2;};

};

class Magazines

{

class 30Rnd_545x39_AK {count = 32;};

class PG7V {count = 6;};

class HandGrenade {count = 16;};

};

This works fine for most of the time. The problem is the members of the squad need to start from a flying helicopter. When I do this the “group†section of the briefing has no players listed making it impossible to assign them weapons. Here is an example of the code I am using to put the squad into the helicopter.

Example:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class Item1

{

position[]={2105.406006,0.384147,19165.947266};

azimut=270.000000;

special="NONE";

id=164;

side="WEST";

vehicle="SoldierWAT";

player="PLAY CDG";

skill=0.466667;

init="g1 = group this; this moveincargo helicopter1";

};

Any help will be most appreciated as I just cannot get it to work.

make a script that addweapons to them, this can be run in the init and they will have the weapon when they start.

If you are respawning them into a chopper you should probbably add an equip.sqs when spawning, giving them a weapon.

Or make a scirpt that you put into their initline that remembers the type of weapon they started with, and give them that weapn when respawning, very much like the script toadlife made for ofp, this script can be found on ofpec, but I dont now the name of it.

Yes need to have a pool of weapons that can be assigned rather than having a fixed weapons loadout.

Add the chopper crew to your group, then when the map starts write a script to remove them back to their own group.

Or, start the squad on the ground, but as soon as the mission starts, teleport them into the heli.

That's probably actually gonna work better for you since it keeps the heli group seperate and you can give them their own waypoints. You also won't have the player assigning weapons to the heli crew thinking they need them.

I now have the players showing in the group section of the briefing. The problem that I now have is that when I try to move the group into the helicopter with <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">g1 moveincargo helicopter I get the error message <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Error moveincargo ¦type group¦expected object  How can I move the group to the helicopter. I have made a work around by giving the players a name p1,p2,p3 etc then moving them to cargo. This works but is not ideal. Here is a link to the beta if you want to have a look. Its mostly finished just some polishing to do. Thx for all the help lads I hope you enjoy this mission.

http://www.grenadier-guards.co.uk/Deep%20Strike.Sara.zip

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">{_X moveInCargo helicopter} forEach (units g1)