Sign in to follow this  
Major Fubar

PBO to SQM conversion...

I have been trying to convert PBO (mission) files to SQM files, so I can see the scripting and so forth in missions.

I have read several threads about this topic, and so I grabbed myself the "DePBO.exe" program, which extracts the PBO files into their components (briefing file, SQM file etc.), and this works fine.

But when I try to open the SQM file in the mission editor, it always crashes OFP! mad.gif  

What am I doing wrong? I read that the official BIS missions are encrypted, but I have this problem with custom user missions too. I have been putting the SQMs in my OperationFlashpoint\Users\Major Fubar\missions folder, and I see them there in the mission editor, but invariably when I open them with the editor the whole of OFP crashes, and Im stuck staring at my desktop.

This is the error message I get -

'Users\Major Fubar\missions\Mission Name.Abel\description.ext.D': '|' encountered instead of '='

PLEASE HELP!  sad.gif

Help! When I use the unpack-sqm.exe file with a mission.sqm file in the same directory, it says "use of uninitialized value in print at unpack.pl at line 113." Then I get a mission.txt file in the directory, which I assume should be the decrypted mission.sqm file, but it doesn't look like one.

Missions from BI are encripted therefore you need SQM -file decripter.

Note once the file is decripted open it in a text editor and remove the last three lines, save as mission.sqm and test.

Fubar - I suspect it's the additional lines in the decripted file that are causing your problem.

The last couple of lines in mission.txt after decrypting it with unpack-sqm.exe are:

class OutroWin

{

addOns[]={};

randomSeed=5958659.000000;

class Intel

{

};

};

class OutroLoose

Removing the last 3 lines does not seem to make sense.

It's just vice versa - SQM decrypter doesn't decrypt last lines from encrypted mission.sqm. smile.gif So you have to be creative and add them someway. Usually, copying lines from class OutroWin (for missions with no outro like this one) works:

Your example, last lines from mission.sqm >

class OutroWin

{

addOns[]={};

class Intel

{

};

};

class OutroLoose

{

addOns[]={};

class Intel

{

};

};

Search The FAQ for "desqm". The utility there for download is simply a renamed copy of the CMISS-UNCOMP. Is that the utility you're using? If not, try DeSQM. Works for me!

why the hell does the unpack-sqm tool work for everyone except me? i dunno what everyone else is doing but ive been putting the tool in a blank directory with the mission.sqm and running the tool, then i get a really long list of the line:

"Use of uninitialized value in print at unpack.pl at line 113"

then i get a text file called mission which must be the decrypted version that you have to manually remove the last three lines from, anyway i looked in an already decrypted mission.sqm and saw that i could easily understand all of it, and there was nothing confusing about that. then i look in my mission.sqm and the text file generated by unpack-sqm and i cant make sense of a single line of it. to show you what i mean this is what the entire "decrypted" file looks like:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

[ézŃŃŃAAAAe‘  ™™lAAAÓ÷ EÅ›e"33333e2e ©5EEEE  ©5   eŃŃŃ©5   Å¡Å¡ ™™ ŃŃŃŃŃŃe ÅeAe"35  ś rcEe Å›AeŃŃŃea eAetrueEÃI  eAeEEEÅ¡Å¡Å¡EEEÅ¡Å¡ eAćrE™™TTTTÅ‘    ŃEzŃŃŃŃEEEEEE Å›A   ÅÃŽSCUâ„¢      n E Ó šššššš€MEEEE  ëma e Å›A al â„¢ ninnC AÅŸtSCeA       ÄpeÅ¡Å¡ E4Bidnio ÷ EÅ›rA"scEti[Å¡ "PüëÓ÷B5

CUÅ›c?  h"  ÉA Ó  ae"33h= EeE8      AÅŸÅŸtSCe €????ÄÅ¡Å¡   e tÅ¡EeEdeeeeeeee E4BidBidBa eA  5> eeeee™™™™         €;ÄŽ Ó  €??????? €???ÄŃŃŃŃEÓ÷Be an(aÅ¡Å¡EKÃŽDr5 aser  D5eKÅ¡a eActrue;™™™™™™™L d  ů"E5  ů"E[    CUDeEEEnC]Bumâ„¢  eAt ÷Be  8     ne ÅeAŃŃEŃEÓ÷B  eeeeeeee €????Ä©5   eŃŃŃ© ŃŃŃ™™KneEEEWin E4BidB3333eëEEEEE Å›A EI  eAeEEEÅ¡oK ae"33<span id='postcolor'>

this is all i get throughout the whole dam file. anyone know what the hell might be wrong?

Acid, I downloaded the dePBO and deSQM programs and got them to work first time confused.gif

DePBOing the files was easy and you don't seem to have any trouble with that...after using dePBO I find the mission.sqm file (thats all compiled), I copy it to the directory with the DeSQM program. I open a command prompt at that directory and I type:

DeSQM>mission.txt

It creates mission.txt, I open it and take out the lines stating that DeSQM was made with some trail edition of a compilier or something and it all looks fine.

I delete the old mission.sqm and rename the mission.txt to mission.sqm and OFP reads it ok.

yeah thanks it worked eventually. though it did take a few hours of throwing knives into the wall, and shouting death threats at the computer. wink.gif