Sign in to follow this  
slimnala

Beta : AA vehicles

Hello all,

I have recently started on moding the stryker and Brdm to fire AA missles. Everything seems to be working fine.

The main issue is that when I put these vehicles in a mission with AI they do not fire at choppers, unless I am in a vehicle. I don't have to be in the same vehicle as the AI. I also put a few  vulcans in the mission... an they never fire at the chopper...So I have a feeling this is a ARMA issue.

Well if is something I have done in the config let me know...

Armainter.pbo

Thnx

Slimnala

Your obviously not testing enough slimnala .... I dropped 3 Stykers into the editor and placed a couple of choppers in front .... and first go they opened up and took down a couple before they got hammered themselves.

Planes? Well planes I had trouble getting them to attack .... but there could be several reasons.

Couple of things I can see that may contribute to the problem;

#1 - In the target optic you can see the little target dot in the center is missing ..... which can mean AI can't target things.

#2 - in the 3rd person view as gunner I can see the cross-hair is permanently stuck just above the hull a meter in front of the turret ..... not a good sign either.

#3 - Your missiles appear to be default, so I couldn't test if increasing the HIT would make them attack planes.

But. ..... I'd suggest #1 and #2 will definitely inhibit/slow down AI targeting.

HTH, Best of Luck smile_o.gif

thnx Gnat I will check this out this weekend. I appreciate ur response greatly...1 question tho where u on foot and in the group of the styrker...also where u in multiplayer?notworthy.gif

thnx slimnala  

edit** found this in the bug reporting system.....

0001621: The Stryker ATGM AI will not target or fire at...

Description:  The Stryker ATGM AI will not target or fire at any OPFOR target unless the player is inside the vehicle.[v1.02 czech]

says it will be fixed in 1.07, so I will wait and see...

LOL .... well it looks like you beat the bug! Yours do fire biggrin_o.gif

No, I was in Single Play editor.

Cheers,

Gnat