Sign in to follow this  
Fighting_steel

Help setting up Dedicated server.

I have copied the Arma-folder over to a pc that i was thinking of using as a Arma Dedicated server, but i cant get the server to start. Have tried Armatechs tool also, so i was wondering if any of you could bee so kind as to fill in all the info i would need to run a coopserver with EvolutionV1.4e.Sara, in my server.cfg and the commandlines i need in arma_server.exe. (i can change the name of the server, password and so on)

Thanks in advance! smile_o.gif

Hi, i had the same problem. Reinstall the patch was getting the server running great (on a P3 700mhz rofl.gif ) Or just download a new arma_server.exe if you finde one thumbs-up.gif .

i did the same with the files, copied the arma folder to my old PC and starting the server, that did not work.

For config i can just say:

click

and of course an original arma_server.exe

is required wink_o.gif

Evolution 1.4 is out?

yay.gif

Yes, you need the full file structure of ArmA installed on the machine. The Server file is mainly just an executable with some fancy code baked in, but you need the full game installed. Basically once you installed the dedicated server files, just create another shortcut with -server in the executable path.

There really is no good documentation anywhere, I had a link to some but they took it off line. Basically if you don't wish to trial and error it, use some of the programs out there.

What sort of errors were you getting with ArmATechs program?