Sign in to follow this  
Cribban

Visitor 2 not working on the vista OS?

Hope someone knows how to help me with this one.

I recently bought a new computer in witch vista was already installed. I have oxygen and buldozer on it witch works like a charm, while visitor just doesn't seem to work with me. I can start it up alright, but when I set up the path's like C:\Visitor, C:\buldozer\data3d etc and restart the program everything reverts back to default entry C:\Poseidon while the other entry's are just gone, followed by a couple of windows in cezch witch I have no clue what they're saying.

I tried this on my old xp rig and it works like it should confused_o.gif

Sounds like your files may be read only?

Not sure. I tried setting visitor and buldozer on both XP and vista following the exact procedure written in the visitor tutorial available on the breath site. It works fine on xp but not on vista crazy_o.gif

You should be able to check this quite easily. In XP you can change the read-only property of a file or all files within a folder by right clicking on it, then selecting properties. Untick the read only box, then click okay to anything it asks.

As for vista, I've got no idea, but I'm sure it would look nice. icon_rolleyes.gif

that didnt work confused_o.gif vista can be such a pain sometimes sad_o.gif

I can't say for Visitor as i never used it and so have no registry entry about it and i have no idea how Vista manage its registry, but on my system, the O2 settings for the paths seems to be saved there :

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Bohemia Interactive Studio\OBJEKTIV2LIGHT\CConfig]

So i guess the Visitor settings must be saved somewhere around

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Bohemia Interactive Studio\...

So maybe you should check in the registery (regedit usually, but i have no idea for Vista way to go there) , if the paths are saved correctly in the Visitor registry entry, and if not try to edit the lines yourself (save the registery before , just in case you do something very wrong)