Sign in to follow this  
sfc.itzhak

get amount of angle?

is it possible to calculate who many degrees did the tank (not the turret) did??

like a script that will calculate how many degrees did the tank hull did and how meny meter did he move in that time..

i know it seems impossible but is there a way??

thanks

sfc.itzhak

Do you mean the total number of degrees the bearing of the tank chassis has changed over the course of a mission (eg, total number of degrees turned = 5000 left + 6030 right = 11030)?

It would easy enough to do using getDir/direction, but I can't imagine why you'd want to.

i want to simulate the tracks goes off its place

i will explain..

if a atank turns in the spot he will "loose" his track because it can slip out of place

so i want to calculate how meny degrees did the tanks hull did without moving 1 meter

so is it possible?

thanks

sfc

Ah, I understand now. Nice idea. This sqs basically works, although I'm not sure about what kind of numbers should be used to be realistic. I'm sure a more efficient version would be possible. A word of warning though, the ArmA simulation of tracked vehicles adds oversteer when turning under brakes, making this situation quite easy to create.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

#loop

tankDir = getDir tank

~0.8

#loop2

if !(alive tank) then {exit}

~0.2

if (abs (speed tank) > 3) then {goto "loop"}

hint ""

if ((abs ((getDir tank) - (tankDir)) > 45) && (abs ((getDir tank) - (tankDir)) < 315)) then {hint "tracks fall off"}

goto "loop2"

edit : third updated version - checks total turned distance, absolute speed and can handle crossing north, can escape again and spreads ~delays smile_o.gif