Sign in to follow this  
namreg

Problem with overcast and fog

Hi,

I'm making a mission where after completing an objective, our squad spends the night under the sky before going to the next objective.

I create a script where the night passes out and starts the next day at dusk. And its raining and almost completely foggy.

That worked perfectly but.... when I try to make the clouds go aside in about 4 minutes or so.... they did not.... I used this in the script:

240 setovercast 0.0

240 setfog 0.0

It doesn't work, but if i place 0 seconds instead of 240 it does work and changes from a completely cloudy sky to a clear cloudless one...

Is there any time limit for this command to work?? Or am i doing something wrong???

THX!!!

240 is the time since the start of the mission,

try to use the countdown of the trigger.

Strange. Those two commands work as they should for me. How does you mission change the time from evening to the next morning? Note that any skipped time using skipTime does not count for the weather timers, despite what the wiki says.

ArmA has some inbuilt dynamic weather. The forecast weather change in the mission editor occurs over 30 minutes, and from then on the game automatically carries out setOvercast/setFog changes in the weather using 3~12 hour counters. But everytime you enter a setOvercast/setFog, these counters are over-ridden. You can use the nextWeatherChange command to see whats happening.

Quote[/b] ]240 is the time since the start of the mission

I don't agree with this. It's 240 seconds from the time the command is issued.

This is what I did:

I prepared a mission to start April 5th about 16:35... so it gets darker during the mission..... at some point, I used the:

- - SETACCTIME 2:

So the time went forward 2 hours and it was completely dark for a night mission..... after completing that night mission I take the squad to a waypoint where I called a script:

- - [] exec "nightout.sqs" - where in the first line I wrote:

· SETDATE [2007,4,6,4,30], this goes for: SETDATE [YEAR,MONTH,DAY,HOUR].

so the next morning started just at dusk for an incursion in a nearby enemy base.....

then I wrote:

0 SETOVERCAST 1.0 (Complete storm)

0 SETFOG 0.8 (Some foggy morning)

After a cutscene showing the position of the night camp and the objective, I wrote the commands:

240 SETOVERCAST 0.0

240 SETFOG 0.0

So it was clear sky for the heli to come and pick us up to the end of the mission and have a nice ending cutscene.

and then i typed EXIT to end the script.

Am I doing something wrong?huh.gif

I tried the same commands (240 setovercast 0.0) in a waypoint and it didn't work either.... so that's why i thought it was a time limit for setovercast and setfog commands.

I've had what I can only describe as "weird" problems using fog and overcast too. I got the impression that if I used both commands, maybe in a certain sequence, it wouldn't work. But if I did setFog and setOvercast with two different triggers (on activate field) it would work fine.

However, I'm a newbie at this, and I could be completely wrong.

Well, it seems only either setOvercast or setFog can be active at the same time.. That's really wierd.

You'll need to change one then the other, or break it up into a little bit of one, then other, then other, etc.