Sign in to follow this  
Drew77

Very weird performance MUST LOOK!!

Hi I have built my new computer and I am playing the game and I must say that it does look way better than my old pc. But even tho it looks very nice I am very mad at the performance probs. Just to get this out of the way yes this is a real copy of the game full english 1.05 from sprocket games, all of my hardware is up to date and so on. My old pc altho did not look as good as my new pc did run the game alot better. I have tested many things over and over and my old pc always comes out on top by testing I mean misiions like 50 vs 50 guys thing in that nature. Now the weird thing is on my new pc it does not matter I can have the game maxed out in setting and I mean MAXED OUT everything on the highest it goes or I can put it on the lowest setting and each way I get the same FPS witch I find very weird crazy_o.gif I have no idea what to do I have put alot of time and ALOT of money into my new pc and this is what I get a game that looks pritty good but runs like CRAP sad_o.gifsad_o.gif . So this is my two pc

OLD PC: RUNS THE GAME BETTER

P4 3.0 HT

Asus mobo

geforce 6800 GT 256mb

2 gig ram

480w PS

X-FI Sound card

WD 10,000 rpm HD

Samsung 20" widescreen

New PC: WITCH RUNS THE GAME SLOWER

Asus Striker Extreme

Core 2 Duo E6600

Evga 8800 GTX

2 gigs ram

Corsair 620 HX

Zalman 9700

WD Raptor 10,000rpm HD

X-FI Sound Card

Samsung 20" Widescreen

you fail to say what version of windows you are using and if you took time to look through the forums before posting, you would see that alot of people had problems with the 8800GTX.

you fail to say what version of windows you are using and if you took time to look through the forums before posting, you would see that alot of people had problems with the 8800GTX.

If vista, install XP ;}

if Xp lower all details,

then install the latest 3dguru drivers they are 1000x better than ones on nvidia site.

Install lastest SC drivers and possibly MOBO bios, many intel duos users are having either fine play or bad play. This may be realted to the mobo's bios and drivers (intel/nvidia etc).

Run 3d mark make sure the machine is ok.

In arma start at screen res you want to play, then ramp up effects.

8800 loves very high shadows hates all other settings.

keep texture at normal/low AF at high NOT v high

VD 3-6 km

I also got rid of the nvidia memory manager in the nvidia drivers and turned off AGP texture acceleration in DXdiag, (suggestions from other threads here and other sites).

Then i oced by PC and ARMA runs like a DREAM.....

60FPs, 1600x1024 AND post process on high!