Sign in to follow this  
Rough Knight

BAS F framework question.

Hi guys,

Sorry this is probs a nub question. I am trying to use the BAS Framework to start a new MP mission.

In the naming your mission section of the users guide to BAS F, it doesnt explain where you should put the folder containing the frameworks files. If I put the re-named BASf folder into C:games\bohemia interactive\arma\mp missions, the game doesn't show me the "edit" button when I go to Play>Multiplayer>Sahrani>BAS_f_v0-0-23. Aparrently the framework is designed to be edited in native MP mode.

I have tried creating a mission from the editor then exporting it to mp missions and then overwriting the file with the BASf folder renamed as my mission, but still doesnt work.

I also tried putting it in my documents\arma\missions and mp missions at the same location. Still no luck.

I must be doing something very simply wrong. Can anyone help me out with where I am going wrong so I can start some more mp Mission making?

Thanks

Frosty

Just place it there: C:\Documents and Settings\j_frost\My documents\ArmA Other Profiles\j_frost\missions.

Now open the editor and load it up. Keep in mind that after you rename and save the mission only the SQM will be saved inside the new folder and you might have to copy all the other BAS_F files to this new folder.

I dont know about the MP editor... i never understood its purpose or how it worked properly, the normal editor works for both SP and MP missions quite well smile_o.gif .

the normal editor works for both SP and MP missions quite well smile_o.gif .

Except u want to test respawn stuff..

Place it there: C:\Documents and Settings\j_frost\My documents\ArmA Other Profiles\j_frost\MPmissions.

Now click Play,MultiPlayer,New (edit name and password),U will see the frame in green,choose it and click EDIT.

Thanks guys,

I failed to find that folder until you pointed it out. This game has so many hidy holes for profiles, downloaded missions etc.etc. It would be much better if they consolidated them all into say C:\documents and settings\user\my documents\arma under different profiles or something, rather then have folders in three different locations.

Anyway, cool. now I can get on with some mission making ; )

Thanks again

Frosty

The first part of the BAS f manual is not clear enough about how to rename the folder, and where to place it - my apologies that this thread was not answered sooner sad_o.gif

A new build of BAS f is just about to be released, which now has an integrated copy of Kegetys' excellent Spectator Script for ArmA. Also part of the new build is an updated version of the manual, which among other things addresses this issue of folder naming and placement.

If you have any other feedback please do not hesitate to PM Fer in these forums - remember that BAS f is for you, so if things are unclear or not good enough, please contribute constructive comments and suggestions!

- Fer <TZW> smile_o.gif