Sign in to follow this  
L3dZ3P

connection failed?

Perhaps someone can help me with this problem...game runs fine but I cant connect to any multiplayer games. I can see all the servers in the browser, but when I try to connect it seems like its about to load or something then says connection failed. This happens everytime and Ive yet to be able to play online. I have the 505 games version and have applied the latest patch...any help you can give me would be appreciated

If you are running a firewall application then disable it temporarily and try connecting into an ArmA server again. If that fixes your problem then you know where to look for the solution.

Hi...and thanks for the quick reply. I tried it there with no firewall with the same results. Everyone else is using the in game browser.....right? I remember joining flashpoint games from gamespy browser....then it launched the game, but I can see no support for it in gamespy despite it saying gamespy in game browser...confusing :S Anyway..back to the problem...Im running version 1.05.5136 ..it was the specific patch for the 505 games release I downloaded so I assume that is right and everyone else is on same version? So frustrating not being able to connect banghead.gif

Slim ? but do you have any custom sound files/custom faces?

That would give me the 'connection failed' prob?

Nope....sry its a fresh install and I aint done anything else aside from patch it. I dont need to install the beta patch to play on all the servers Im seeing do I?