Sign in to follow this  
CarlGustaffa

Possible to advance on dismissed wp?

Guess the topic sas it all; anyone knows how to 'cancel' a dismissed waypoint? Make them somehow get back together and advance to the next, other than making them see an enemy (reacting to an alarm i.e.)

Any ideas on this one?

Hi CarlGustaffa,

Yup, I would like to know too...

Iv'e tried allsorts to make them move to another WP...

But as you say it seems only combat/contact with an enemy seems to work.

Arkon

Not even a switch trigger synchronized with the waypoint? Works on hold waypoints.

Hi Maddmatt,

Just gave that a try but they r oblivious it seems huh.gif

Thanks

Arkon

Not 100% sure here, but I really believe I have tried the synching. Maybe adding a few units and quickly delete them again would do the needed trick? Any invisible units available for this?

I really like how they behave while being dismissed but not having them react to anything but enemy makes the dismissed waypoint a bit useless imho.

It should react to a sync OR units spotted.

Put it on the bug-tracker, BIS will probably sort it out if you ask.

You can use something like this to get them moving again:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">group1 setCurrentWaypoint [group1,3];

{_x doMove getpos _x} forEach units group1;

Well, it sortof works. They will start moving and doing cycles again, but other waypoint info (speed, combatmode etc) are ignored for the corresponding waypoints after that.

Hmm, I've had mixed results testing this actually! Sometimes they will update combat modes defined by future waypoints, other times completely ignore them. Very odd!

The script commands work as expected, but it is still slightly simpler to have them use the waypoints. I've made 3 test missions from scratch, twice they use future waypoints correctly, once they ignore them. It might be related to the leader's randoms actions once dismissed? I'll test more.

The script commands work as expected, but it is still slightly simpler to have them use the waypoints. I've made 3 test missions from scratch, twice they use future waypoints correctly, once they ignore them. It might be related to the leader's randoms actions once dismissed? I'll test more.

I think this should just be put on the bug tracker, it shouldn't be necessary to resort to scripting here.