Sign in to follow this  
BLSmith2112

Mod-Tools. Will this usher in everything we yearn?

Secondary Edit: I completely forgot about the Addon Making Category. (I never venture beyond the domain & realm of General/Mission Editing categories.. unless this category fits general that is wink_o.gif)

-------------------------------------------

Original Post:

I hate to sound completely like an idiot.. but I see all of these Hind videos, animations, maps, and other addons, but nothing is ever released. Is this because ArmA doesn't have mod support yet? If so, how can people port things from OFP over but not release them? ...is it perhaps dozens of addon makers that don't want to release their goodies...or is there something preventing them to do so?

Since the addon community was so large in OFP... I thought that BIS would realize that these tools would be the backbone of ArmA's longevity.. but how come its taken since November (5 Months?!wink_o.gif and no support is even offered? Are they trying to kill the weak and save the loyal? (Good Idea)

This comes from an inexperienced person and I do ask not to take anything I say to heart. (Pulling a 36hour day, perhaps I am not thinking clearly). wink_o.gif )

What do you hope for in the mod-tools? What sort of possibilities will modelers be able to explore that OFP modeling didn't?

I think that the tools should had been released even before the actual game release smile_o.gif

I think that the tools should had been released even before the actual game release smile_o.gif

I agree with you there. But I can tell you that with all the added functionality of the tools, even texView, there has to be some beta testing done to the "public release" version of the tools before they are given out. I know its hard being patient knowing all the excellent quality addons we played with in OFP are just a few tweaks away from an import.