Sign in to follow this  
Talbot

Sound annoyances.

When playing MP games (or even SP games for that matter) the sound seems to be totally screwed up.

Tanks sounds like they're about 10 metres from me yet they are in fact a good 500. When I'm shot from a distance, it sounds like I'm being shot from about 2 metres away. When I turn my back on tanks, the sound goes muffled... its as if the sound doesn't know if its coming or going.

Running a Creative X-FI Extreme Sound Card with the latest drivers.

I have turned EAX off both in-game and on the audio control panel. Hardware Acceleration has been turned off in-game... it seems to change the way the sound operates but doesn't change the basic principle that a tank sounds like its 10 metres away when in fact its on the other side of the sodding battlefield.

I forgot to mention I had tried them as well when I was diagnosing my crashing problem which is fixed now.

Which version of the game is running?

The problems you speak about are pre 1.04 afaik... so 1.0/01 and 02 versions

I'm running the 1.05 Beta.

I will try and make a video, maybe its just the way war is... but it confuses the hell out of me because I can never ever tell which way anything is coming from, especially vehicles. So I end up running straight toward danger without even realising it giving some camping b*stard the satisfaction popping me one.

Helicopter sounds are more or less perfect, they sound distant when distant and loud when flying over my head... all good.

I'm running the 1.05 Beta.

I will try and make a video, maybe its just the way war is... but it confuses the hell out of me because I can never ever tell which way anything is coming from, especially vehicles. So I end up running straight toward danger without even realising it giving some camping b*stard the satisfaction popping me one.

Helicopter sounds are more or less perfect, they sound distant when distant and loud when flying over my head... all good.

i noticed having CMSS3d or 24 bit enabled produced odd effects on the xifi