Sign in to follow this  
33Strike

Arma Causes Reboot

Hello fellas, I've just recently bought Arma and patched it to 1.05. However I seem to have a big problem with the game.

After a few minutes of gameplay, I get a very brief bluescreen (it only appears for a blink of an eye) and then a system restart. I have all my settings set to low, and usually I even have good FPS when the crashes occur.

My specs are

2.53Ghz P4

ATI Radeon X1600Pro 512mb with Catalyst 7.3 drivers. (tried 6.7 but did not do any wonder for me.

I have 1gb ram

A lot of free HD space and a freshly reformatted computer.

For some odd reason ArmA will not play for more than a few minutes. During those few minutes I get a lot of "Processing" or "loading" if you like, where graphics are degraded each time (Textures disappear, models are low poly, 2D graphics go white, NV goggles won't work even though they're on)...

I was hoping some of you could give me either a reason or a solution for this, because it is very disappointing to have these problems when clearly my Rig seems to be running it fine until the crashes...

overheating hardware? check all temperatures. and what power supply do you have?

I'm quite sure the hardware isn't overheating. I believe it is a bug somewhere with the software. Because every time it crashes, there's some harddrive hard work going on, so I believe it has something to do with bad texture swapping...

be happy... you are in company with thousands of ArmA players

we all are waiting for new catalyst drivers and a new ArmA patch  confused_o.gif

edit

I really don't understand: ArmA is out from some months, ati devs every month patch dozen of bugs for dozen of games... and no one time I can read a patch for ArmA

for ati devs ArmA is less than nothing... or is not a drivers problem   whistle.gif

I know it's the drivers, cause last time I bluescreened it said ATI2dvag.dll failed to communicate with the hardware bla bla bla. So the driver has failed to do it's job... now all we can do is wait for cat 7.4

if the ATI2dvag.dll shouldn't work well... all the games should have to crash due to this dll.......

is the arma code that says to the dll how to work... probably the game code sends some incorrect messages to the dll, that, cause this incorrect received code, sends the OS in crash

so I think we need catalyst 7.4 and patch 1.06