Sign in to follow this  
Georilla

RPG Mission Idea

Hi there guys, guess you don't really know me smile_o.gif. Some guys that sometimes play a game with me on the 6thSense will probably know be by my favorited name; Georilla. pirate2 was merely a lil' mistake tounge2.gif

I Don't post much on here, I post mostly on the 6thSense Community and concentrate there whistle.gif .

Ok well, I get to the point wink_o.gif, I will quote myself from the 6thSense:

Quote[/b] ]I've been thinking recently, it's again one of my fantasy explosions I have  .

Anyway to get to the point, after Tom, Moon, alx and me were messing around on Pilot Training (like usual ).

I've been thinking, we had been messing around like this: Tom searched for a place and called it his home (Of course, not for long.. Me and Moon been bombing it all the time ). Well, I hardly can call alx someone that fools around allot, so we left him in peace .

Anyway, this is hardly a mode we can play, but I like RPG much. So maybe it would be an idea, to make a mission/map on the Southern Part of Sahrani - leave North out of it (you can easily use Sara lite version) -. Where there are some shops/businesses to buy aswell as homes etc.. There is a Large Base, which is in hands of the RACS (Independent) + several supply bases, airbase, and small bases etc.. Now there are like dynamicly soldiers doing there duty and helping to defend there country.

Than we have some civilians doing there job each day (random cycle) going to there owned shop/business/banks etc.. Either it is a Barber shop or a Grocery, all kind of shops. Than we have of course civilians that don't own shops or other stuff but just wander about each day. If you know the GTA series, you'll know which direction I'm going to .

Ok so, there's basically NO war going on... it's peace time. Everybody doing there job day-in-and-day-out.

Now the last part, the human players. There will like be a max. amount of players (ex. 8 P) on a map, all starting out randomly somewhere else at the start. They start with one car, and a small house with some little money. They must rise to the top and earn money and stop the other players from getting more power than himself.

You can either earn money by doing it LEGALLY - slow way . Like, buying a small shop to be the owner off.

You all know what LEGAL is so you know what I mean . And LEGALLY hire normal guys to help you with protecting you.

Now the ILLEGALLY way - fast way . Be a major assh**e and start extorting bussinesses (means forcing people to pay for you). And later get a nice home and so get on the top. For help, there are the 'mercenaries' kind of guys. Guys you can hire to help ya out. Extort bussinesses, kill people who have been bothering you, and if you have a whole army of them.. maybe even annoy the RACS and get there supply convoys and even let the RACS be forced to cooperate with you - Bribe the 'corrupt' higher up guys and they'll be your powerful ally against everything. They may close there eyes while you go rob a bank .

Of course, it's much more easier to bribe a local cop than the head of the police .

You also know which way I'm going here (Again, take a look at the GTA Style ).

So, bassicaly the main Objectives to win are:

Be the most succesfull player

Earn allot of bucks (money)

Don't let the other players destroy your empire

Lose Conditions

Get bankrupt for longer than 5 days (ask/force the bank to lend you some money to not let this happen)

Get a life-long time in jail.

Get executed for bad things (Murderes etc..) by the police (avoid this by bribing them perhaps, or doing it legal )

Some points of interrest:

-If your opponent has got a very big empire, and you only have you car left. It's more likely the opponent wins right?

-Like I mentioned about extorting, some civilians get easily beaten or some dont't give up.

-Extort PLAYER owned bussinesses (you'll have a harder time if they are protected by some 'mercenaries'wink_o.gif

-You will respawn at ANY player owned building after you die (Choose where to respawn yourself)

So up that's my General Idea.

Feel free to post some ideas, all ideas are welcome!

General needs:

Scripts Needed:

- A Script that randomly respawns the added guys after they get killed (ONLY the guys that I want to respawn or respawn after a certain time has passed..) and they keep doing there daily activitys, some guys can NOT respawn...

- A Script that you can make a money system

- A Script that makes a banking system to store money etc.

- A Script that dynamic creates waypoints - Done (UPS By Kronzky)

- A Script that randomly replaces guys that can NOT respawn, with different random names, ex. George B. or Fritz H. or whatever, I can easily think of custom names, this will be used for ex. a Head of the Police.

Addons & Skins Needed:

- A Addon that will make dynamic weather - Done (NIM Dynamic Weather By Sentinel)

- A Addon that adds the following; SWAT, FBI and DEA -

- A Addon that adds Mercenaries, Bandits or Mafia typos

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------

Maybe more to follow!

All help with finding these scripts/addons/skins are appreciated! As I don't know much about Scripting etc..

My general skills are still limited to some basic scripting.

I hope I'm able to push this idea into reality! smile_o.gif

Yours,

Georilla (6thSense)

aka

pirate2 (BIS)

Link to forum thread: http://www.6thsense.eu/arma-ed....st60424

lol so, nobody is interrested in this kind of mode? or is just to lazy to read all the text whistle.gifnener.giftounge2.gif ...

This idea could also turn into Cooperative play, against competive AI.. but that will be much harder to script..

Give time to people to give you ideas.

As you are the guy that has more interest in this RPG (what is RPG?), because you are the 'creator' of this 'wish'... you have less patience than all.

Sry if this phrase is bad sounding to you. Lack of english.

I'll try to explain it again:

When i 'create' an idea, i'm so excited by the idea, the wish, the hope i have in that wish, coming true.

But only me, as creator. If me needing more help/ideas/wishes/concepts/comments in my main idea, i will need to wait more time. Because i have only one brain. And not all the people's brain belongs to me.

When i say 'me', you can change it with your own 'me'.

It's just a unconscious behaviour of normal human people wink_o.gif

Most of times, in a unsconscious way, we think we need all the attention of the world.

That is called: dream, passion, wish... etc etc, you know what i mean.

So, take more patience, to wait people, giving you, more 'wishes-ideas-comments'.

Just try to 'brake' a little your 'passion'. Or your brain will drive you to an anger state.

It's Sunday... no anger moments... keep the mind on your wish... and 'stay tuned'.  welcome.gif

Another note:

Take always into account, that all the 'info' you have in your brain, is enough analyzed by you (obviously), but people reading your 'wish/idea' will spend more time to read it.

Because they have not 'your wish' in their brains.

That process, takes a time in our brains. So, wait till people having ALL your idea inside the brain, and enough analyzed.

Deal with it.

I noticed this of your 'idea'.

You are trying to mix some addons (SWAT, mercenaires...) and that is not an idea. IS A WHOLE PROJEEEEEEEEEECT  notworthy.gif

Maybe your post is only for AddOn writers. And that... is a high level of script...

I think you imagined like a movie in your brain... but mixing addOns... i think i have not enough performance in my poor LynxComputer to play that mission.

Lol, you will break my LynxComp. I don't want!  whistle.gif

Try to make an easy flow of the concepts you wanting to add to the mission.

Just, how many 'sides' with his names (1-SWAT, 2-Mercenaires...)

Make a list (not finished) of 'actors' of your movie. (names, weapons, etc)

The limits of your 'banks', and his behaviour, in easy and quick flowcharts...

More or less like take a photo of your whole project from a 'bird-view'.

And the thing that i think that is the main problem in this kind of projects.

We need first to know near 95% of the real behaviour of AI/players/vehicles etc before to change the original ones... and make your movie 95% perfectly translated into reality.

wink_o.gif

Step by step...