Sign in to follow this  
Iron+Cross

More than 3 factions?

ooooh your using wordy's i can understand now notworthy.gif @ Kyle/dean

this poped into my well ventelated cranium wow_o.gif whislt reading this...

"these sides unoffcially and unworkably become ,more with - addrating of -1000 or more ( meaning an opfor will shoot another opfor if you put in one or both units init ,this addrating -001) thus creating a rogue opfor

you can now make designer triggers for them etc "

So If West soldier#1 (rating -1000) is enemy to West soldier#2 (rating +1 been good boy) & West Sodlier#3 (rating -1000) is enemy to both soldier 1 & 2 dose that not mean they are assigned some kind of different team?

Saywest is defined as West#1 would the soldier with

(rating -1000) be West#2 & so on?

or is it just West or west evil all?

sorry im a slow learner.. huh.gif

it was a late post and i hadnt realised i had simply riterated kyles post.

but wat i was saying is the complexities , would be as hard or easy as you wanted to make them.

there may have to be a tax on how dynamic your mission would be.

what i suggest is you be a pioneer

and satrt with this

1 find out at what - addrating a soldier turns into a rogue

2 find out this rogue soldier will still trigger his predifined triggers .. i e if he is bluefor and has a - addrating will he still trigger bluefor triggers

3 if he does can you recondition a bluefor trigger to bluefor&rogue1,rogue2etc in condition field

4 will a rogue bluefor with -addrating still shoot a rogue opfor with - addrating

you see where i am going

99% of the answers are already discovered.

dont confuse your mission. ideas with other people perceptions,

start a fresh and be a pioneer , you may achoeve what your looking for.

for me its a nightmare but it will keep you busy wink_o.gif

if your missions will depend on scores by default then you will need a new score script, also in some point in time , bis may introduce the already coded glabalroe which in ieffect sends you to jail if you shoot your team mate , there are lots of varaibles but an end result is insight , albeit very hard to achieve.and it would need to be outside the normal confines of the vanilla arma

config in terms of scripts overriiding or simply ignoring some default parameters. such as above.

"In OFP v1.96, if a unit's rating drops below -2000, it will be considered enemy and attacked by all units.

A unit's rank changes its starting rating: Private=0, Corporal=500,Sergeant=1500,Lieutenant=2500,Captain=3500,Major=5000,Colonel=7500"

Well i Placed two units west, one with addRating -2000 & 1 normal West soldier, nothing happens so

i make it addRating -2001 & hey opend up on the soldiers with "addRating -2001" like he cought him at his wife..

both were privates.. so i guise this proves the above.

also tried Corporal had to make it addRating -2501 before he would get shot.

OK so just added 10 west soldiers with "this addRating -2001" & 1 normal west soldier

& they all shot each other but none of the 10 "this addRating -2001" guys shot the normal west soldier.

Now same set up as b4 but this time i gave an "this addRating -2000", just 1 less than needed for him to be "Evil west"

so he started shooting & killed a few but none of the "this addRating -2001" guys shot him so the Law has impunity hehe..

basicly he did not encur any penalty points maybe he earned points for killing  "evil west guys"

OK this time i added 2 west men with "this addRating -2001" & 1 normal guy, & about 15 Russians with no ammo

But all the west guys chose to shoot the russians 1st, b4 tunring on each other & still, & the normal west soldiers finished the last west guy with

"this addRating -2001", BUT next time i placed 40 Russians without ammo & they shot them down & yet they did NOT shoot each other so

it looks like they can redeam themselvs & still gain points, like a get out of jail card, if you bring enough scalps home lol.

NOw this time back to 3 guys 1 west guy has "this addRating -2001" 2nd west guy has "this addRating -999999" & 3rd has nothing so he is normal good.

yet every time i test it west soldier normal soldier will shoot the soldier with "this addRating -99999" before the soldier with "this addRating -2001".

OK same again but this time i add 10 russian soldiers but the Normal West soldier & West soldier with "this addRating -2001" borth attack the west soldier with "this addRating -99999"

every time 1st before they even look at the russians its like it dont matter if we got 500 Russians coming at us.. this guy is going down... even if u put normal west guy

amongst russians  he will run through them & attack when able the west guy with "this addRating -9999" crazy lol..

ok So i gave myself ""this addRating -2001" & went to trigger nothing happend... killed a nearby russian, Instantly i hear the trigger...

So no a "rouge West" cant set off a trigger... So the trigger will go off at -2000 but not -2001..odd..

Now im stuck on #3 of your suggetions.

"3 if he does can you recondition a bluefor trigger to bluefor&rogue1,rogue2etc in condition field"

i cant figure out how to do this? any ideas suggetions?

i looked for anything relating to rouge ai on the forums & wiki but couldent find anything..

like i think i said somwhere b4 im more into map editing & textures..

After some extra thought what your saying is what the real question is... how do we find out what side rouge ai go to? is that it??

well you only need to change the condition of the trigger , the simplest way is to press f2 and drag a line to the -20001 unit thus grouping the trigger to him

the more complicated you set an array rogue group =[r1,r2 etc way you make trigger anybody and repeat

onactiv you get the activating units or unit to exec a script for ex check.sqs

then in this script you ask if the unit or units in the trigger list are a part of rouge array . here you must count the units in the triggerlist one by one , becuase there maybe a rogu unit a civi and or another unit from bluefor or opfor. and if you want the trigger to effect every unit in the trigger that is only rogue, then you must eliminate the others.

but alas i feel maybe this is leading to a dead end :0, its good you tried tho and found some new data .;)

well you only need to change the condition of the trigger , the simplest way is to press f2 and drag a line to the -20001 unit thus grouping the trigger to him

the more complicated  you set an array rogue group =[r1,r2 etc way you make trigger anybody and repeat

onactiv you get the activating units or unit to exec a script for ex check.sqs

then in this script you ask if the unit or units in the trigger list are a part of rouge array . here you must count the units in the triggerlist one by one , becuase there maybe a rogu unit a civi and or another unit from bluefor or opfor. and if you want the trigger to effect every unit in the trigger that is only rogue, then you must eliminate the others.

but alas i feel maybe this is leading to a dead end :0, its good you tried tho and found some new data .;)

There's a much better way for setting up triggers to detect 'roque' units. First make it activated by Anybody, then add this condition, including all the sides you want to activate the trigger:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">{(side _X == east) || (format ["%1",side _X] == "enemy")} count thislist > 0

The above example activates the trigger when either an OPFOR or a 'roque' unit of any side is in the trigger list. I said of any side because once they're on side enemy it doesn't distinguish between west, east, res, or civ. One thing that's not entirely related but good to know is that this will also fire when captive units (ones with setCaptive true used on them) of the expected sides are present. If you have captive units in your mission and want them to be exluded from the trigger condition, you can do this:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">{!(captive _X) && ((side _X == east) || (format ["%1",side _X] == "enemy"))} count thislist > 0

So this prevents the trigger from activating if there are only captive OPFOR units in it, useful if you have POWs within the trigger and want to exlude them from the other OPFOR units.

Iron+Cross, you can automatically set the unit's rating to below -2000 regardless of their starting rating like this:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">this addrating (-(rating this)-2001)

That gives them a rating of exactly -2001 regardless of what rating they start with.

@ deanosbeano

Quote[/b] ]but alas i feel maybe this is leading to a dead end :0, its good you tried tho and found some new data .;)

I can see where this is going i think..

forgot about the line trick though lol,  goodnight.gif

it would get kinda clogged up that way? if i understand it right. banghead.gif (code CPU/RAM load)

@ kyle better, but the results negate any benifit, or is that what your hinting at?  confused_o.gif  (starting to get confused)

Tried em both though they work, but not what I am supposedly ment to be trying to do.

Quote[/b] ]Iron+Cross, you can automatically set the unit's rating to below -2000 regardless of their starting rating like this:

Code Sample  

this addrating (-(rating this)-2001)

That gives them a rating of exactly -2001 regardless of what rating they start with.

nice..

after extra messing ^ im still stuck with the fact that:

#1. I dont know or fully understand how to go about finding out if  the Rouge AI attack each other because they or on slightly different teams, like West1 west 1.1  west 1.2 etc, or if its just a Kill any rouge unit.

#2. Even if we get Rouge units thats still only 8 teams.?

#3. Then How do we get Rouge West to attack West soldiers, without making default West soldiers Rouge also.

#4. How in hell do you get a Team of rouge soldiers to stop killing each other, i tried teaming em up but they still cut each other up..  banghead.gif

(just been recaping i undersatnd more of what your saying now yet more confused & these questions remain.)

What don't you understand? Units with a rating below -2000 will be attacked by everyone who has a gun, but they will still only attack enemies to their original side (say if they were on west they'd continue to attack east units). So no you can't really use the negative ratings to make more sides because these units are enemy to everyone (no matter what side they're on), so 2 or more units with negative ratings will just kill eachother.

well thats not totaly what the problem is (i think not sure)

2 things realy needs to be cleared up.

Is it possible to stop Rouge AI for attacking each other.

Is there any way to force rouge AI to attack its origonal side?

well thats not totaly what the problem is (i think not sure)

2 things realy needs to be cleared up.

Is it possible to stop Rouge AI for attacking each other.

Is there any way to force rouge AI to attack its origonal side?

1. No.

2. Not unless those units also have a rating below -2000.

& your 100% sure of this that it is no point trying? & that the devs would agree with you? sad_o.gif

& your 100% sure of this that it is no point trying? & that the devs would agree with you?  sad_o.gif

Yes.