Sign in to follow this  
zlutor

Target locking problem for gun/rocket?

I've just gotten& installed the game a few days ago and tried to create a 'toy' mission - just to see how the new editor looks like/works. I added a few T72s and a Cobra (among some infantry).

I previewed it as gunner of the Cobra. The very first surprise was not being able to change roles (gunner/pilot) in the heli with mouse-wheel. I pressed 'V' to select 'aiming' view. Default weapon is the machine gun, I was able to lock target for it with pressing right mouse button - but it was not so effective against the good old soviet steel.

So, I pressed 'F' to select Hellfire but I was not able to lock any target any more. RMB changed view between the 'aiming view' and the 'normal' view of the gunner...

Mission was interrupted, I added an Abrams to hit the T72 platoon from the back - yess, lonely wolf rulez ;-) - but surprise-surprise I was not able to select target neither for the MG nor the main gun with RMB (or anything else). RMB changed the view between external and internal view.

Any idea? Same experience?

I've checked the default control settings and I figured out there can be two kinds of actions (in this context):

- pressing a mouse buttons

- 'holding' a mouse button - whatever it means

Of course, these two events are triggering two different actions in the default settings - congratulation for the inventor at BIS :-( If you hold the button, you press it first, no?

It seems so ArmA is not so good at differentiating them... On the other hand it also does not solve the problem if I glued 'pressing RMB' to target lock event. It selects target for the machine gun but not for the Hellfire. :-(

I've created an official bug report for it (http://bugs.armed-assault.net/view.php?id=2290) you can vote for it if you think so - maybe we get correction faster... smile_o.gif