Sign in to follow this  
Suds

CTD 1.05 English

I was able to run AA but it would always CTD. Now, without making any changes to my system or game setting it will not run at all. It just CTD's after the load check boxes appear.

1.05 English

P4 3.4Gz

1BG RAM

Nvidia 6800 256MB with latest drivers.

Windows XP SP2

I get this from time to time. Have you tried putting -nosplash on the command line? I have found this has almost eliminated it but it does still happen once in a while.

When it happened to me I would get a black screen and just when you think the first splash screen would appear it CTDs.

EDIT: Had a quick look on BTS and there was something about OpenAL versions. Have you tried installing the latest OpenAL and possibly using the -openal command line switch?

I'm not sure what you mean by OpenAL. I have fixed the CTD on load. Not sure why but I just reboot my computer and it loads now.

The problem I have now is when I play the game it runs fine until the scenery reloads, then it CTDs. I haven't played it much because of this and right now I have already told my squad mates not to buy it. It reminds me of Falcon 4; great potential but full of bugs.