Sign in to follow this  
Stublore

Night Vision Bug, among others

Ok this is annoying the hell out of me, on the 3rd or 4th Mission, AT saboteur, it's night mission. Yet for no reason at all i suddenly loose the Night Vision. The screen goes from the green NVG view to a normal night time view. I don't remove the goggles, the game just seem to decide that they are not working. This is incredibly frustrating, any idea why?

Pressing the NVG key does not return the view, and sometimes moving results in the Night Vision returning, but more often that not it does not work.

Also the game has a nasty habit of crashing, and causing a reboot, and another of my "favorite" bugs, when i die, i get a black screen, and i can hear the game "continuing", meaning i have to Alt F4 to restart the whole process again sad_o.gif(

Processor: AMD Athlon™ 64 FX-53 Processor,  MMX,  3DNow, ~2.4GHz

Card name: RADEON X800 XT Platinum Edition(Latest Drivers)

DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c

1 GIG OCZ PC4400 RAM

Arma ver patch 1.5

I mentioned this in another thread a week ago and someone confirmed it.

The problem i had was when i was the pilot of a AH1Z helo. My night vision dissapeared just like you described.

I too get the blackscreen when i die but more often than not it shows the action.

I have this night vision problem also.

On night missions, my NV Goggles simply will not activate. I have tried changing the key binding but nightvision still wont work. On one occasion, I restarted the mission three times and suddenly night vision worked but when I died, the night vision vanished and would not return.  Another time, I finished the night mission despite not being able to use nightvision and the "mission complete" screen was iluminated as if I was wearing NV goggles! Its crazy.

I am also experiencing frequent problems with textures and animations not loading, though I understand that problem is linked to Nvidia cards.  

I am running ArmA v1.05 on Windows XP. My system is an Athlon XP3200 with 1gb of RAM and a Geforce 7800 GS 256mb AGP video card.

WOW, 1 month and no reply. Sux I have the same problem with North American Version and no-one has found a cure for this in the last 30 days.

Sux I have the same problem with North American Version

Ah crap, i thought this bug would of been fixed in ver 1.06.  mad_o.gif

Maybe you have a bug but notice that NVG can blind you if you are near a light source...but if there is no such light must be a bug.