Sign in to follow this  
BoarK

Adding and using flares in mission

Hi all,

This is my first crack at editing missions, so please bare with me. I'm trying to add a Flare weapon and ammo into the ammo crate. I have successfully done that. I can take Flare weapon and ammo. The flare fires but it doesn't light up. I've tried with a weapon that has a grenade launcher also. Don't flares work by default or do I have to call certain scripts in order for them to light up.

Thanks.

nathan.

The default flares working fine and you don't need any scripts to activate them.

Have you and mods running? Maybe post what you have used to add flares to the ammo crate.

And yes you need a Weapon with grenadelauncher to fire the flares.

Hi,

I'm only using the WGL mod with the modern aec pack. WGL doesn't have its own flare weapon so I'm trying to use the original Flare, FlareGreen, etc...

In init.sqs I added the following:

ammohome addWeaponcargo ["Flare",1]

and

ammohome addmagazinecargo ["Flare",2]

I can take the flare and load the ammo for it. I can even shoot it (using a gun with a grenade launcher), but there's absolutely no light. It's at dusk and almost dark. Does it have to be completely dark for me to see the flare? If so, that's unrealistic.

Nathan.

OK, place an empty ammocrate and in the init line insert this:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">clearWeaponCargo this; clearMagazineCargo this; this addmagazinecargo ["M16",6]; this addweaponcargo ["M16Grenadelauncher",1]; this addmagazinecargo ["Flare",6]; this addmagazinecargo ["FlareGreen",6]; this addmagazinecargo ["FlareRed",6];

You ofcourse can replace the Weapon/Mags to WGL ones, but for testing you should stay with the default ones for now.

I fired Flares at Dawn and they working ok, of course they do nothing at daylight. smile_o.gif

Hi again,

It's very strange that i can't the flare even at 6:00pm in dark and stormy weather. I changed the time to 6:30pm, when it's just a little bit darker, the flares start to shine. Very weird.

Thanks for the help.