Sign in to follow this  
inferno7312

a newbie's question

At first, I should metion that I am really newbie for this game, I just bought Arma last week and it is my first FPS game. So if my question is so stupid, please don't laught at me .

I am very interested in the mission editor. I know it is very difficult, so I found and downloaded "Abuu's Unoffical Editiong Guide". Following the instruction in this Guide, I built a mission set a ai UNIT, and want let this unit sit down. so I input the the following command in Init field. preview the mission. Nothing happened, that unit just stand there instead of sitting down! huh.gif

what is wrong? what important thing am I missing?

the command is:

this switchmove "EffectStandSitDown"

Play/switchmove doesn't work in initialization fields, it requires some (however slight) delay after the mission initializes before it can kick in. Use a waypoint or a trigger, or use the action command instead:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">this action ["SITDOWN",this]

Thanks for your reply, I will try it lately. I also found some useful information in BIKI. However I still feel a detail Guide is necessary for me. So could you recommended a Guide for the beginner?

try going to ofpec.com they have lots of stuff to help with editing too. Though of course the best way is to practice practice practice wink_o.gif