Sign in to follow this  
DieAngel

Arma Keymapping for Saitek X52 Pro

I wrote this little script after receiving my saitek X52Pro, I don't know what is wrong on my system, but since I cannot use the integrated key mapping utility (It doesn't send the keystrokes at all) I wrote this little AutoHotkey script, it basically grab the x52 inputs for the two additional hats (the ones ArmA do not reconize) and output key strokes on 4 axis per hat.

YAY more keys at hand (i use them to display the gps,compass and watch and put the night vision on personally.

The two hats emulate key combos on the numpad (TY BIS for the key combos!wink_o.gif

-JoyStick hat (the cross shaped one)

UP -> numpad 7 & 8

DOWN -> numpad 7 & 2

LEFT -> numpad 7 & 4

RIGHT -> numpad 7 & 6

-Thruster handle hat

UP -> numpad 9 & 8

DOWN -> numpad 9 & 2

LEFT -> numpad 9 & 4

RIGHT -> numpad 9 & 6

When it's running you just remap your keys in ArmA by pressing the proper hat direction and it will do the combo keys by itself.

-I included a compiled version for those that don't wanna bother with AutoHotkey so you just run it it put an H in your task bar, nothing else to do and you right click close it when you are done.

-I Also included the Source ode, its pretty crude and simple, will see what i can expand, i haven't yet checked if there are other missing keys in ArmA.

Well, Enjoy tounge2.gif

PS: i know it work on my own X52Pro, tell me if it doesn't on the non pro version so i can make another version.

http://www.ethernia.net/x52pro-hats2keys-0.1.rar

Just install the keyboard and mouse emulator drivers on the x52 pr0 disk and it works a treat, for me anyways.

well i happen to have solved it by installing another device from saitek yeah , go figure :/

I used saitek's SST software to tell x52 pro what to send for any given physical manipulation of the controller, such as send numbers 1 through 9 from the throttle POV for looking around, that kind of stuff. I tested my infantry profile in SST's tester and in Vista Notepad, everything worked fine, in ArmA II with this profile noted in MFD as loaded the x52 just reverts to basic keyboard inputs and in french language at that, there is a problem getting ArmA II to work properly with the x52. I am english living in France with Vista GUI and ArmA II set to english and keyboard is normally set to french but for ArmA I launch and SST programming it is set to english.