Sign in to follow this  
JungleBudz

Get In Waypoint

I need to have a soldier drive up in a jeep, get out, (ignore the enemies and action around them), jump in an empty chopper (as cargo), and wait for the 'players' to get in the chopper and leave.

Now, I can put a get out waypoint beside chopper, another waypoint on the chopper as 'get in', but of course he gets in the chopper as the driver and takes off.

Also, I don't like him running around the chopper looking for something to kill before finally deciding to get in either.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

set combat behaviour to NEVER FIRE

put

unitname AssignAsCargo choppername

in an activation field of a WP.

use

this set behaviour "careless"

and he wont give a toss about whos around him... try syncing the wp's together to make the chopper wait until your request has been met.

I have used the "careless", and yes, he is careless - but, when he finds out he is getting shot at he goes into "combat" mode automically. Can you prevent this?

The Never Fire works pretty well, he still crouches, crawls around some, but finally makes it to the chopper.

The chopper is sitting there, what would I need the sync for? I just want him to get outa the car and get in the back of the chopper and wait for someone to fly is anus outa there. It works good with what Intruder suggested, but it still takes awhile for him figure out he HAS to get into the chopper. lol

Thanks.

thats very strange.. i have been able to shoot east units to death slowly without them carrying about themselves getting shot... they just carry on what ever they are doing. confused.gif

As an alternitive you could just place a move waypoint beside the chopper, and in the activation field put dude moveincargo chopper where dude is the name of the unit and chopper is the name of the helecopter. This way he has no choice in the matter smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (JungleBudz @ Feb. 06 2002,21:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I have used the "careless", and yes, he is careless - but, when he finds out he is getting shot at he goes into "combat" mode automically. Can you prevent this?

The Never Fire works pretty well, he still crouches, crawls around some, but finally makes it to the chopper.

The chopper is sitting there, what would I need the sync for? I just want him to get outa the car and get in the back of the chopper and wait for someone to fly is anus outa there.  It works good with what Intruder suggested, but it still takes awhile for him figure out he HAS to get into the chopper. lol

Thanks.<span id='postcolor'>

Try this in an init field, or even an activation field:

this setUnitPos "UP" to stop them from proning down

Make sure you unassign him from the jeep (not sure if neccessary)

UnAssignVehicle unitname

Must be before the AssignAscargo command is given, and after he gets out the jeep.

Well, I think the problem with him taking so long to get in was partly my fault. The chopper is surrounded by sandbags except for about a 30foot section facing the road. I had the jeep pull up to the road about 30 feet away from that section. But, the AI was getting confused on how the hell to get to the chopper and running around it (and finally got the idea to just go through it.) I put another waypoint from the last way point up to the sandbag opening and he seems alittle smarter and its working more fluently.

Thanks guys for the help. It's good to be able to go somewhere and find solutions to editing missions for such a great game.

CSS_JungleBudz

MULTICFS