Sign in to follow this  
neswrossi

Server config?

Hi all

Is there any chance someone could post their server config? Im not entirely sure how to get ours configured.

Its a dedicated server sat on a 100mb link. So im not sure how to allocated the bandwidth.

Also is there a way to have a mission start when you bring up the server? Instead of players having to vote in a map?

Is there a way to hard limit the player count?

The biki doesn't go into enough detail.  Can someone post their server config, please?

The bit I'm having trouble with is the script at the end of the example config pertaining to missions.  It presents the following code pertaining to the ArmA Demo but doesn't explain what it's for: -

Quote[/b] ]class Missions

{

class MPCTF_01   // name for the mission, can be anything

{

template = M02CaptureTheFlag.SaraLite;

cadetMode = 1;   // difficulty 0=veteran 1=cadet (not only AI, but radar, map etc)

};

class MPCOOP_01   // name for the mission, can be anything

{

template = M01Cooperative.SaraLite;

cadetMode = 1;   // difficulty 0=veteran 1=cadet (not only AI, but radar, map etc)

};

class MPCTI_01   // name for the mission, can be anything

{

template = M03ConquerTheIsland.SaraLite;

};

};

My own server has the following code: -

Quote[/b] ]class Missions {};

This empty class is the one given in the biki main example.  I suspect it's emptiness is the reason my server doesn't load any missions at startup.

In fact, when a client (successfully) connects to my newly started internet server, they are rpesented with the background graphics and "Waiting for host" in the centre of the screen.  This never moves on until the uber-admin logs-in, at which point it's possible to send the '#missions' command to get things moving.

I have searched the entire Universe (including the internet) for help with this.  I have also tried editing my config script to make it like the biki demo example except using a default v1.04/v1.05 mission, expecting the server to initialise with it.

Please help.

-Fenix out

Perhaps it's hanging at startup because of this: -

Quote[/b] ]voteMissionPlayers=1; // 3 Makes the server hang

The biki's example reads: -

Quote[/b] ]voteMissionPlayers=3; // start voting for missions when 3 players connect

Doh!