Sign in to follow this  
derfalpha

Sniper Mission

There is a sniper mission in ArmA

The one where you need to assasinate the officer.

My complaint is why-oh-why does the sniper operate alone?! All throughout that mission I was saying to myself, "Wouldn't it be nice right now if I had a support gunner, or spotter?!".

I'm not a big military buff, but aren't almost all snipers coupled with another person to make a sniper team? Unless for some reason this sniper was Delta/SAS.

There is a sniper mission in ArmA

The one where you need to assasinate the officer.

My complaint is why-oh-why does the sniper operate alone?! All throughout that mission I was saying to myself, "Wouldn't it be nice right now if I had a support gunner, or spotter?!".

I'm not a big military buff, but aren't almost all snipers coupled with another person to make a sniper team? Unless for some reason this sniper was Delta/SAS.

It's true that snipers operate in pairs, but in this game, it's often best to "do it alone".

Quite agree Derfalpha. The sniper missions are all unrealistic as you would have a spotter in the real world. As a lone sniper it is very easy to get outflanked and you can also lose situational awareness on moving targets while reloading and find your position being rushed.

even a Delta or SAS sniper would be accompanied by a spotter.

the same goes for all the other lone wolf missions in ArmA (Direct Action, for example). no soldier would ever go out alone, at least in pairs, better in a four man patrol.

but i admit, sometimes it's more fun and less complicated to do it alone.

Iv just completed this mission, and now I cant save anything past it... whenever I save and load it reloads a save from just after I shot him lol, shady.

Im glad I was on my own, theres no way I could have slinked away if I was accompanied

SAS Snipers can operate by themselves or with a spotter, its however the situation dictates it. As for the realism factor, you must remember its obviously a game smile_o.gif But also if you know the Generals coming and you want to extract fast then it seems logical to me to only have the one sniper. pistols.gif

The SITREP of that mission was the finniest, there was the blue line showing the BLUFOR terriroty, and beneath was the opposing line, and right in the middle of this, seemingly in no-man's-land, a general visits a luxuary hotel.

And they put this general in command of stratagy???

The SITREP of that mission was the finniest, there was the blue line showing the BLUFOR terriroty, and beneath was the opposing line, and right in the middle of this, seemingly in no-man's-land, a general visits a luxuary hotel.

And they put this general in command of stratagy???

Lol better to let that general live and keep on producing brilliant strategy for the opposition!

And the reason there's no spotter or teammate for you in most of these missions is the AI is no where good enough for that.