Sign in to follow this  
Journeyman

Buy game TWICE just to play LAN??

Guest Ti0n3r

Red kite, you play ArmA with your wife!? You're one lucky guy notworthy.gif

as above posters mate-you will be able to change to English! smile_o.gif

as above posters mate-you will be able to change to English! smile_o.gif

… In that case you better PM me your key and I'll PM you back a beer!  biggrin_o.gif

Red kite, you play ArmA with your wife!? You're one lucky guy notworthy.gif

I haven't been able to play ArmA with my wife yet for said reasons! However we've been playing single missions and campaign separately and she's quite away ahead of me ATM! mad_o.gif

OFP, Ghost Recon, GR Advanced Warfighter, all of DF games and all of R6 games we have played together all the coop missions (including many community made ones) over LAN. She actually enjoys FPS games more than me. biggrin_o.gif  I'm more of a simulation freak and love flight and driving sims. I love the openness of ArmA like with OFP so I'm disappointed about this new licensing issue with regards to home network gaming.  confused_o.gif  … Totally unnecessary IMO.  sad_o.gif

Red Kite, how do you get around the DVD needing to be in the drive to play on each machine? It's been a while since any game I heard of allowed more than one instance of the game to play, in fact I can onlt remember X-Wing vs TIE Fighter, which supplied another CD for the purpose.

As far as I can tell, LAN games "allowed" same-cd installs to play together because there was no way to verify correct keys, but now that all games appear on the iNet it seems to me that all games are being checked for duplications the same way. I don't think these two issues are unconnected smile_o.gif

Red Kite, how do you get around the DVD needing to be in the drive to play on each machine? It's been a while since any game I heard of allowed more than one instance of the game to play, in fact I can onlt remember X-Wing vs TIE Fighter, which supplied another CD for the purpose.

As far as I can tell, LAN games "allowed" same-cd installs to play together because there was no way to verify correct keys, but now that all games appear on the iNet it seems to me that all games are being checked for duplications the same way. I don't think these two issues are unconnected smile_o.gif

Most games only check the CD on start up. Simple as that! Load one game take it out load another. Or there are other ways too when they become available, but NoCD***** are forbidden talk on these forums I think! tounge2.gif

I Play GRAW (Ghost Recon Advanced Warrior) with 4 people on a LAN with only 1 set of CDs. Just load the game one at a time and pass the CD. Works great for Lan Co-op! Rainbow Six Vegas works the same...

I Play GRAW (Ghost Recon Advanced Warrior) with 4 people on a LAN with only 1 set of CDs.  Just load the game one at a time and pass the CD. Works great for Lan Co-op!   Rainbow Six Vegas works the same...

That's exactly my point! Take note BIS!

Thanks again ck-claw!  wink_o.gif