Sign in to follow this  
Express

Intro cutscene with sound

Salute to all!

I am back building missions after a 2 year hiatus from the game.  Both my long term and short term memory have obviously become more impaired due to aging.

What I need help with is the following.  I am making an intro that utilizes "human" voices in a 3 character dialogue.  I have the sounds converted and are working properly.  The problem I have is that I am doing this all with triggers with each one set at a different delay in order to get the timing correct.  This does work but on 2 of the dialogues, the assigned sound gets repeated.  I have them set to one time only, NOT repeated but they still repeat the sound.

Also, instead of using umpteen triggers for this cutscene, is there a way that I could use a "script" to call for each of the characters to speak when it is their time to do so?

I also am relearning the camera.sqs to use instead of the editor camera views.  Is there a way to incorporate my dialogue thru this?

Hope this isn't to confusing but I have had only one cup of coffee so far this am.

Thanks in advance.

Express

Intro is a script also, so you can insert the dialog(s) there.  wink_o.gif   Use a  say  command like

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">unit_name say "soundfile_name"

Can you go into more detail please? If this unit_name say "soundfile_name"

That is what I have put in the trigger field. Are you saying this can also be a part of a script? How would I set the timing in a camera script so each one speaks at the appropriate time?

This is an execution type cutscene and it would look awfull if after the command to rdy, aim, fire was given, and they had already been shot.

Also, if I still use the triggers, how do I stop the sounfile from repeating?

Are you saying this can also be a part of a script?

Yes.

Quote[/b] ]

How would I set the timing in a camera script so each one speaks at the appropriate time?

With time delays of course. It should look like this inside the (intro) script:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">dude 1 say "bla bla bla"

~5

dude 2 say "ah I see"

Now I hope you do understand that dude 1 is the unit_name, and bla bla bla is a "soundfile_name". Time delays can and must be of course adjusted to the apropriate lenghts.

Quote[/b] ]Also, if I still use the triggers, how do I stop the sounfile from repeating?

Sorry, I can't help you here, I should see that map to see what's all this. Do you by any chance have those triggers on repeating? Or maybe the coundition of the trigger is repeating or something.

Do you by any chance have those triggers on repeating? Or maybe the coundition of the trigger is repeating or something.

No, I just rechecked them and they are all set to go off only once. What I did notice though, is that the voice for the character that is speaking, only appears to work under anonymous voice in the trigger field.

I well try a .sqs as you suggested and see if I can get the three characters to each speak when it is their turn to do so.