Sign in to follow this  
Cuboid

pls help me with scripts

i know the script are little bit for of the same as OFP but ok heres an example this switchmove {the move} (table code:usage:P)...what is this usage:p all about, I'm just trying to make a unit talk...?

Please help me...

i know the script are little bit for of the same as OFP but ok heres an example this switchmove {the move} (table code:usage:P)...what is this usage:p all about, I'm just trying to make a unit talk...?

Please help me...

I have given up on the editing, there is no info on anything other than the examples they put on their site, helpfull but where do you put the scripts......... and no explanation on what anything does, is this something incomplete thrown in ?

Very frustrating

Biki: switchMove

the command: unit switchMove "nameOfAnimation";

the list of available animations is here

The description you are puzzled about is simply telling you, that a "p" in the table indicates to use the animation with the command playMove and an "s" indicates to use switchMove.

oook, so if i were to use AmovPercMstpSnonWnonDnon_talking

it would be this playMove "AmovPercMstpSnonWnonDnon_talking"...am I right?

yes according to the list. I did not test it myself so I can't say if the list is correct wink_o.gif But that's the way to read it.

so it i'm ok well it doesn't work, I guess if playMove is concerned it must be type in either Waypoints or Trggers whichever, could someone guide me please...basically i just want to make a character animate...? tounge2.gif

yes you need to add the line

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">myUnit playMove "AmovPercMstpSnonWnonDnon_talking"

to a Waypoint in the on activation field. When the waypoint is activated the unit named myUnit will start the animation.

it works the same way for a trigger

oic, so now i get it, ok it works yay, biggrin_o.gif thx man for helping me out..

If you're interested in scripting head over to OFPEC here http://www.ofpec.com/ed_depot/tutes.php and download Devilchaser's Mission/scripting Guide. It's under mission editing about half way down the list. There's a document in the download that touches on scripting in an elementary way and walks you through some examples. It's not the end all but it will throw a lot of light on the subject if you're just starting out.